ˢⁿᵘᵍᵍˡᵉˢ

my school doesn't have friday off but they had thursday off so now i gotta go to friken school tmr and i'm pissed, anyways... softie imagine <3

I mindlessly scroll on my phone, laying sprawled out on the bed. I had just showered and all I wanted to do was to lay in the comfort of my own sheets.

Above my phone, I see my boyfriend's six foot figure towering in front of the bed, widely grinning at me.

I lower my phone as my brows furrow, "The fuck are you looking at?"

His mouth dropped in an astonished way as he faked his wound, "You're a meanie." He then yanked his phone out of his pocket and tossed it on the mattress, watching as it landed besides me.

I'm still nonchalant as I'm scrolling through my phone, I hear Finn let out an exhausted groan and he suddenly comes crashing down on top of me.

I gasp as his heavy head jabbed into my collarbone, "Oh, my god, Finn! You're crushing me!"

The boy smiled, wrapping his arms around me and burying his head in the crook of my neck. I grunt out in pain as I fought my giggles and adjusted myself so I could be laying comfortably with a grown ass teenager on top of me.

His raspberry lips land kiss after kiss on my neck, his soft whines being heard against my ear, "M'missed you."

"I saw you twenty minutes ago before you went downstairs to eat." I playfully scoff, putting my phone down so I could enjoy the moment.

He hummed, "Twenty minutes too long."

I rolled my eyes, letting myself rest into his tight hold as my nose fell against his messy curls. He's usually always like this, needy and clingy in the most adorable way possible. I thought it was weird at first when we started dating but now I realized that's just his way of showing how he loves me. Then the blame switched and my realization came to that I was the problem.

I always had trouble showing affection. Growing up I never told my family I verbally loved them or participated in hugging and all that crap. It's not that I didn't love them, because let me tell you, I fucking do. I think I'm just programmed the wrong way, I care for people in different ways.

Whenever I bring myself close to saying the four lettered l-word, tears brim in my eyes and I go into a panic mode. It's not like I went through something traumatic, again, I'm just made this way.

I explained this to Finn and luckily he understands. I just feel so damn guilty at times because I'll never be able to love him as much as he loves me.

Even just thinking about this makes me emotional. He deserves better than someone who can't even say or do simple things that someone in a relationship would do.

I begin to softly sniffle into his embrace, hiding it over my ragged breaths but I think Finn can hear what's really going on.

His face gently lifts up from my skin and he tips his head with confusion as he peers at me, "What's wrong, love?"

I avoid eye contact, shrugging as I failed to respond. Too afraid that I wouldn't be able to do that right either.

"Awh, baby." He cooed, hugging me tightly again and peppering my face with kisses, "C'mere, it's okay."

"M'sorry." I suddenly weep, biting my lip in attempt to stop by sobs.

Finn pulled away once again, his expression going serious as he came to the conclusion that something was terribly wrong. He roughly sighed, his arms wrapping around my torso as he abruptly switched out positions so I was lying on his chest.

Usually he's the one who wants to be held so I really don't know what to do with myself.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I curse, crying into the thin material of his sweatshirt.

"Don't be sorry, what's wrong?" He asked in a small raspy voice, rubbing his hand over my shoulder blades to sooth me.

"How can you stay with somebody like me?" I blurt, my lip pouting as salty tears fell everywhere, "How can you love someone who can't even kiss you or hug you without feeling uncomfortable? With someone who can't even say that they love you?"

His mouth opened to speak but I cut him off, "Don't you feel like I'm using you? Fuck, sometimes I feel like I'm using you."

"Darlin', you're not using me. And I don't need to hear or feel affection from you. I already know that you love me."

I stop crying, looking up at his doe eyes, "You do?"

"Of course, love." He rasps with a chuckle, "I know you hate using pet names, you hate physically touching me if you have to initiate it. You hate saying the l-word because you've never been able to say it before... But that doesn't matter. I can tell by the way you light up whenever you're with me. How you always stray by my side and spend every living second with me. Your rude jokes are sarcastic and deep down that's you showing that you love me. That's enough for me. All of that's enough for me, because it is love. It's your love, baby."

My eyes water again, this time from happiness and the overwhelming feeling of simply being in love. My cheeks feel hot as I whimper, "Finn,"

"Shh." He hushed me, planting his lips passionately against my own.

Through this kiss I feel as if I'm spewing out the words 'I love you', only that it's a silent exchange. I pull away after a couple of seconds, breathless as I contently rested my head on his heart so that I could hear his peaceful beating.

His fingers lazily stroked my hair. He murmured soothing words ever so often, reassuring me that everything was alright.

After I calmed down I gazed up at him in a loving way and shifted my body so I was on top of him. My own fingers trailed over his face as I caressed the soft skin, pulling back as I felt peach fuzz.

"You need to shave." I joke, pressing the tiniest kiss against his cheek in a shy way.

He chuckled, feeling his own stubble, "M'gonna grow it out."

My tongue clicks, eyes enlarging as I scoffed.

"Oh fuck no."