Chaptet 36:

Chapter 36:

Racing through the hospital, Daryl finds Dr. Edwards walking toward him and he stops him.

"Where's woman who was just brought in?"

"She's being checked over...so far it looks like a few minor injuries." Edwards says as he check over his tablet that has information on it.

"She's pregnant! Can you make sure the baby's okay...it needs to be okay." Daryl panics and Edwards places a hand on his shoulder.

"We're already running tests on the fetus."

"Can I see her?" Daryl says earnestly.

"In a few minutes. She's not released yet, Officer Dixon." Walking off, Daryl stands in wait. He was a total asshole for just leaving last night. He should have stayed. He should have confessed his fears to Beth. Now, he might not ever get her back or be a father. After about half an hour, the head nurse leads Daryl back to Beth and when he enters, she has a cut across her forehead a wrapped wrist. When she sees him, she sits up and then mellows out and lays back against the bed, trying not to seem eager to see him. Going to her slowly, he gently goes to grap her hand, but she tugs it away. "I'm so sorry Beth. I'm a big moron for how I acted. I love you and I'm just scared..."

"I told you, you were leaving me." She grumbles and rolls on her side to face away from him. "If you want yer ring...it's at home on the nightstand."

His heart heaves and a few tears prick up in his eyes.

"I don't want yer ring...I want you." He says through a choke of tears and she just closes her eyes and tries not to cry. "Beth...I just don't want to be like my father...I don't want to have the Dixon Father curse. I don't wanna hurt our baby."

Laying behind her, he puts his arm around her and feels her stomach. Leaving a small kiss on her exposed shoulder, he lays his head into her back and can feel her stomach twist.

"I love you so much Beth...please. Be mad at me, but let me be with you. I wanna take care of you and our baby..." Rolling over, she kisses his lips and he wipes her tears away. "I'm sorry I'm an idiot. I love you."

Holding her closely, Daryl can feel her start to relax and his body relaxes too. They stay like that for several minutes until they hear the door open and Daryl gets up from the bed and Edwards comes in.

"So we ran some tests on yer baby."

"Is it okay?"

"She is fine and healthy. We will need you to come back in about two weeks so we can do another check up to make sure she's developing properly." Smiling, he leaves and Daryl looks at Beth.

"We're having a little girl?" Beth nods and smiles at him, with teary eyes and he pulls her close, leaving a kiss on her lips. Resting his forehead against hers, he looks into her blue eyes and loves her so much. Standing up quickly, Daryl reaches in his pocket and Beth just looks at him curiously. "I didn't know what to get for you christmas...so I hope you like it."

"What is is?" She asks as she starts opening the box and soon freezes when she sees the beautiful necklace. "Daryl...it's so beautiflul..."

"Yer so beautiful." Leaning down, she thinks he's going to kiss her lips, but he by passes them and kisses her stomach. "I love you."

Coming back up, he sees her watery eyes and pecks her lips.

"Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas Daryl."