Chapter 5:

Chapter 5:

Head pounding and body aching, Beth gets up as usually at 5:30 to start her day. Quietly getting out of bed, she gets in the shower and starts to wash her hair. The warm water pounds against her bruised body, but she doesn't let it bother her at all, that stopped a long time ago. As she rinses her hair of the bubbles, he hears the door open and peers behind the shower curtain. Gareth's hair is jagged and sticking out every which way and his stubble needs a trim.

Pulling back to the water, she says nothing as he sleepily takes a piss and then leaves without flushing the toilet or washing his hands. this doesn't bother her though, because this is what he does everyday. Turning the water off, Beth gets out of the steamy shower and towels off, before traipsing to the bedroom to find clothes.

"If that ain't a sight..." Turning around, Gareth is laying in bed with an arm propping up his head as he yawns and watches Beth.

"Morning to you too Lumber Jack." She giggles and finds the jean suspenders she wants along with the underwear, bra, and red t-shirt.

"What's that mean?" Gareth tiredly scratches his head as Beth comes over, laying her clothes on the bed and nakedly crawls over so her upper half lays on Gareth's chest.

"It means you're looking a bit rugged and wild there, Beard-o. Haha, might need ta trim a bit." She plays with his stubble and he looks at her fiercely. Unexpectedly, he flips her onto her back and holds her arms down at her sides. She's about to plead for mercy, but he starts rubbing his itchy beard/stubble over her naked body and she laughs.

"How's that for Beard-o?" He continues tickling her until she pleads him to stop. Looking down at her, he looks deep into her blue eyes and wishes he saw something all the men at work says they see in their woman- love. But he doesn't. He doesn't see love for her or her love for him. He sees torment and anger, a pathetic being. Pulling away from her, he looses his edge and stands to go to the kitchen.

Sitting up, Beth wonders what she did, but doesn't dwell on it long. Getting up, she dresses and then heads to the kitchen, where she finds him standing and staring out the window. Kissing his naked back, she says goodbye, she loves him, and leaves down the stairs.

Daryl is feeling the same disappointment this morning as Beth. Last night, all he wanted was a reason to go bash that asshole's head in, but instead he got more than he wanted to see. He shouldn't wish harm on Beth, but it's the only way he can truly save her. Pulling himself from bed, he lets Jake out and gets dressed in shorts and a t-shirt to do his morning run. Stretching as he goes down the stairs, he starts off with a jog and then starts to run. He does full laps around every street and every house in the town, even passing Beth's place a few times before he's had enough.

Grabbing the mail he heads up to his apartment and tosses his shirt in the hamper as he shuffles through the junk mail until he finds a letter with no return address. Opening it up, it's an invitation.

"Officer D. Dixon,

We would like to cordially invite you to our Kick Off October BBQ on October 1st from 4:30 to --!

At the 4238 Greene Road, Senonia, Georgia!

Please feel free to bring a friend with you! The more the marrier!

Hope to see you there!"

"Well if that ain't strange, Jake." Daryl looks at the letter and tries to find some kind of clue as to who sent him this. Finding nothing, he sets the letter on the counter and gets a shower before trying to figure anything else out.

Back at the shop, Michone explains the need for ear plugs when living with a baby that ain't yours. Tara laughs and Beth mindlessly takes count of each jar of candy that may need restocked.