Chapter 13:

Chapter 13:

Scrubbing the dishes from last night, she angrily scrubs and flicks her hair out of her face as she tries not to become upset. She hates how sensitive she is, but she can't help it. She doesn't want to be defined by Gareth. As she puts the one plate in the sink and starts on the bowl, he wraps his arms around her waist and kisses her bare shoulder and then her neck that are exposed from her camisole.

"Stop." It wasn't playful this time, it wasn't embarrassed- it was hurt and pained. He starts to grab the dish from her hand. "Stop, I got it. Let go, I have it."

When he gets it from her hand she starts to cry and he immediately turns her in his arms and she covers her face with her hands as her forearms are pressed against his chest and he holds her close.

"Shhhh....shhhh....Beth I'm sorry. I got you." He kisses her neck and rocks back and forth.

They do this for a good 20 minutes and her tears finally stop. Holding her, he hates himself for hurting her. When she uncovers her face he looks down at her with a half smile and she reciprocates it back to him.

"Baby, I'm sorry..."

"Baby?" She wipes her eyes and looks at him.

"Beth...I said Beth..." He tries to recover, but is at a loss. Her smile grows and her eyes glisten.

"You called me baby..." She claims and he sighs.

"Yes. I did...it slipped."

"So you didn't mean that?"

"Well... I did mean it...just not out loud." He begins to blush and she just giggles.

"Look who's bashful now." Jake comes and separates them while going to sit by the door. "Oh Jakey...here I'll let you out."

She goes to the door and let's the dog out and then goes back to Daryl. Wrapping her arms around his neck, he kisses her forehead and she closes her eyes upon impact. She loves his tender kisses and his strong comforting arms. When she feels him near her she just gets giddy and all in love.

"I see that smile creepin' 'cross yer face Ms. Greene." He whispers in her ear and then nibbles at her lobe. "So damn beautiful."

Her cheeks get hot and it's inevitable- she's blushing like it's going out if style. Pushing her head to his chest, she hides in shame.

"This is too easy." He says as he smiles and shakes his head at the sight of her.

"What is?" She looks up and doesn't quite understand what he means by that statement.

"Fallin' in love with ya." Smiling he catches her off guard with his words and she blushes even harder.

"You don't mean that..." She's a skeptic. Before she would've been the one to jump on the love wagon, but always ended up falling off. And for a man to actually say it to her- well that's like finding a living dodo bird...impossible.

"I love you."

"Gah no you don't..." She snickers a bit and he looks serious. Shaking off her mood, she raises her eye brows and looks at him worried that she just messed up.

"I do though." Holding her hands, she does a double take of him holding her hands and his serious smile.

"Oh my gosh....you really love me...don't you?"

"I said it, didn't I? I've been showing you for a while now..." He seems to give up the fight and let go of her hands. Letting Jake back in, he heads to the couch and slowly slides down onto the cushion. Now she feels stupid. How can she miss those signs? They're like right there. Right there, always. Going to him, he rubs his hands from his face to back through his hair and she sits on the coffee table with her hands on his knees.