Chapter 15:

Chapter 15:

After breakfast Beth and Daryl go to the marks to grab some generic baking supplies for some cupcakes or cake balls for her to sell. Walking around, Daryl gets stopped by several people and so does Beth. She hates being cornered and questioned about things and she definitely hates having people talk about her behind her back as her and Daryl shop through the market together.

"I told you, you wouldn't wanna come out..."

"I enjoy being out with you. I don't care about them..." He leans closer an steals a kiss, leaving her cheeks red and her heart pumping from nervousness.

"Daryl..." She chides him and he snickers at her.

"Beth, you embarrassed of me?" He jokes and she stops and looks at him with sorry eyes.

"No. I'm just not...ya know used to this." He nods his head understandingly and they start walking again.

"I get cha. I usually ain't like this either...then again ain't never really had a girl..." He stops. Is he rushing this? Does she even want this? I mean yeah they're basically dating, but he's been rushing everything.

"What?"

"What?" He says with deer in the head light eyes.

"What were you gonna say?" A smile dances on her lips and he rub the back of his head.

"Nothing...."

"Come on...you were saying you never had a girl.....finish it." She teases and he sighs kissing her right in the middle of the market, catching eyes and glares and snickers from on lookers. When he pulls away she's blushing even more and he just smiles.

"Girlfriend. Never had a girlfriend before." Looking down into her eyes, she swears her heart jumped into her throat. Brushing her hair out of her face, he presses a kiss on her forehead and then continues walking, leaving her to catch up.

As they finish up at the market, they load the truck with the groceries and hop inside so Beth can drive back to Daryl's. On the ride home, Daryl's hand falls to Beth's leg.

Glancing down at it, Beth smiles and continues driving back through town. When they get close to his apartment, they see the fire truck there and houses going.

"The fuck?" Daryl yells and Beth parks. Racing from the truck up to the house, Daryl breaks through the line and grabs his hair in agony a his whole apartment is up in flame. "Jake! Jake!"

Coming from up the street Jake gets free from someone's grasp and races to Daryl, who drops to his knees upon site as his limping pal.

"Daryl!" Beth comes running over and slows as she sees him with Jake. Getting closer she feels like shit seeing his house up in flames. All his stuff, valuables and memories.

Rick comes over in his uniform and he sinks low to meet Daryl and Beth with Jake.

"What happened?" Daryl growls more mad at his dog being hurt than his place being burned.

"Arson. They thought it was electoral but they found a Moltave in the back...I'm sorry Daryl. They got Jake out in time. Got a cut on his foot from glass, but we got Hershel coming to check him out."

"Fuck! Do we have any leads?"

"No...you make any enemies?"

"No...no I don't think so."

"Anything change in the passed few days?"

"No."

"Daryl...."

"What? What's up?" He looks at Beth and she cowers low.

"I slept here for a few days...last night with the shop and this today...I think I'm the problem Daryl. I think they're targeting me." He looks at her with sad eyes and shakes his head.

"Beth don't..."

"It's true Daryl...think about it. My shop was targeted. I stay here last night and they burn yer place. The signs are all there, ya just gotta know how to read em."

"She has a point Daryl. Who would be targeting you Beth?"

"I...I don't know. I...wait." She stops an falls back to the pavement, sitting all the way down. "Mary...Mary Bane. I think she's the person who's done this."

"Why do you say that?"

"She blamed me for Gareth's death and met me outside the church one day and sad she'd make me pay for killing her son."

"Well...we have a lead....what we do now is keep you in protective custody away from her and Daryl, you should stay at my house til this blows over and we'll put a bolo out for her." Rick says as he stands. Beth stands up also and Daryl just kisses Jake and then stands up and looks down at Beth.

"It'll be okay, Daryl...My Dad'll take care of Jake and you'll be fine."

"I'm not worried about me...I'm worried about you." He takes her hand in his and seems genuine.

"Daryl, I'll be fine. Okay?"

Kissing her lips he leans his head against the forehead and both feels worse than they ever have.