Chapter 55:

Chapter 55:

The dear girl had woken up a total of three times last night. Once for Beth and twice for Daryl. The first to have her diaper changed and the second to seemingly say hello. Scooping her up, Daryl holds the babe gently in his arms and looms down at her as the child shakes her fists and yawns, her gentle cooing all but noisy. Kissing her forehead, Daryl sits in a Rocking chair that Carol had dropped off and rocks the child gently. It's only 7:30 and yet it feels that there is no time. Suddenly there's a stir at the living room entrance. Coming out, tears in her eyes and body hung in a stooped position, Beth stands idly in the doorway. With her arms holding herself, she looks as though she's a shivering child or frightened.

"Bethy? You okay?" He sits up a bit, stil minding the child's head as she slowly walks over. "What's wrong honey?"

"I had a nightmare and you were gone...I just...I was scared it was true."

"What was? That what was true?"

"That this was all a dream and I was still with Gareth." She cries a bit and he knows that her hormones haven't exactly settled back to normal.

"Oh sweetie, I'm sorry. Kylie was up and I didn't want to wake you. Come here baby." He pulls her into his open side and she pulls a blanket over herself. "I'm here."

"It just felt real...like he was still..."

"Beth no...Hey, honey, no one is ever gonna hurt you again. Ever. Not while I'm around." Smiling up at him, she snuggles into him more and soon falls back into her slumber. "Yer Mommy's silly. So silly."

While she sleeps, Daryl plays with Kylie's tiny hands that strongly grip his finger. He's so amazed at how strong she is and how beautiful. Just looking at her like this, she resembles Beth. The way her blue eyes shine and how her lips part when she seems to be thinking- all resemble Beth.

"Mhmm?" Beth moans a bit as she stirs against Daryl, her tiny frame barely impacting his. "What time is it?"

"9:00... How you feeling?" He gently gets up and places Kylie in her swing cradle that gently swings back and forth with the press of a button. Coming back to Beth, he sits beside her and kisses her neck while his one hand gently holds onto her waist.

"Tired and sore...oooo." She delicately moans as he continues to kiss her neck and jaw. His hand travels toward her lap and she pulls away. "Please...don't..."

"I'm sorry...yer too tempting." He smiles as he places another kiss on lips and sits on the coffee table. "Well, I suppose I should start breakfast."

"You don't have too." She tries to sound like she's capable of doing it herself, but she really isn't. Her whole torso feels like she was gutted and put on a fish hook.

"Baby, lay back down and watch some tv. I don't want you straining yourself."

"I'm fine really..."

"And I'm serious. You just gave our daughter life, I want you to relax." He pecks her lips and starts towards the kitchen. She lays back on the couch and just smiles as she realizes how lucky she is and how in love she feels.