Ch48 - Negotiation

What's sup? Here's a new chapter!

******************************

Third Person POV

The atmosphere was tense. Two different pressure was emitted from a boy and a girl. Both of them had an unreadable expression on their faces. They had a smile yet the smile seemed no more than a mere decoration.

The maids and the other two guests were enduring the suffocating air with difficulty. None of them spoke for a while.

The one who broke the silence was the boy. With a mysterious smile, he began talking.

"I need your help in something."

"... May I ask what help is that?"

The girl replied with a calm yet calculating gaze. She moved her hand slowly to reach the teacup on the table.

"I want to meet the one who govern this city."

Nevertheless, her hand froze the moment she heard his demand. She raised her eyes and looked at her guest with a pressuring gaze, as if she was trying to ascertain his true purpose.

She thought for a moment before answering him.

"May I ask for what purpose? I cannot bring an unknown person to the governor, even if he is my benefactor, can I?"

"I had an information that will certainly benefit him. I don't really have time to wait but I can wait for one or two days if that how long it takes to meet him."

"And may I be enlightened of the information?"

"Unfortunately, I can only reveal this information after I meet him."

"Then, I cannot possibly bring a suspicious individual who possess uncertain information to the governor, can I?"

"I never said it is an uncertain information. If he is to know this information, I'm sure he can gain many benefits."

"I wonder what kind of benefits are they."

"The city's peace, might be one of them."

Silence once more loomed the venue. Hiiragi and Tiararose quietly drank the tea until it dried in the cup. Sylvie and Cecelia only watched the whole scene without interfering. Both of them knew that this was not the time for leisure chattery. They were in a negotiation. If it was put in a rougher way, a battle.

"...Hilda, bring me a piece of paper and a pen."

The one who gave in first was Tiararose. She ordered her main to bring her a piece for paper to write a letter to the governor of the city. Hiiragi smiled in victory although he hid it quickly.

"Thank you for cooperating, my lady."

"How frustrating. How can I refuse when you are trying to negotiate the peace of this city?"

Tiararose made an adorable pouty face when she accepted her defeat. However, she stated.

"I can't guarantee that  Earl Firriel will agree to meet you. I can only tell him about you."

Of course, to meet someone at the top of the food chain, it would be hard. Especially when the person was hard to meet.

As the paper had arrived into her hands, Tiararose began writing the letter to talk about Hiiragi and Sylvie. Her handwriting was beautiful and proper, something Hiiragi rarely saw in this world. The moment she wrote any word, Hiiragi could understand the word in an instant despite he had never learned how to read it.