Ch51 - All Plans Gone Awry

Long time no see! Hi guys, I'm back but don't expect much. Let me be honest, I can't write like before anymore. Therefore what will come next will be very random. I was not planning anything this time. I decided to skip one of my planned arc in this story. I'm sorry, but I hope you guys won't be too disappointed. Well, enjoy reading.

******************************

Hiiragi had to postpone his plan this time. Miliana's unexpected appearance caused an unknown to show up in his plan. Furthermore, the town was not in a situation suitable for it. If he did so, he would be risking the lives of more than a thousand innocent lives. He was simply not bad enough to ignore the weight of those lives.

Furthermore, Hiiragi knew that Miliana would not be involved in anything as long as she was not forced into a position to do, unless Sylvie was in a danger which she could not protect herself anymore.

The two strongest pillar in this town were not even conscious right now. How could this city defend itself if something went awry?

"Um, Hiiragi?"

"...what?"

Sylvie's voice pulled him back to reality when he was drowning in his thought. Sylvie's voice sounded a little weak. She was thinking about how Hiiragi seemed to be a little strange after their talk.

"Are you all right?"

"I'm fine. Don't worry. You should sleep."

"I think you need sleep more than me.  You look so exhausted right now."

"Don't mind me, I've been awake for far longer before."

"But, that doesn't mean it's good for you to do so. Please have a rest today. I don't know what are you planning, but you have to be in top condition to do it."

"...okay."

In the end, Hiiragi gave in to her demand. He had to admit he was feeling tired. Although he could stay awake for near a week if he forced himself, he could not deny it was extremely exhausting and inefficient. Furthermore, he did not want to mess up in his own plan which was supposed to be executed not long after this.

Hiiragi put his chair beside the bed and laid his head on the bed while getting into a sleeping posture. He was trying to sleep by sitting on the chair. Sylvie was confused.

"Hiiragi, what are you doing?"

"Sleeping."

"Like that?"

"Yeah, I thought you might be uncomfortable if I am to sleep on the bed when you're still awake."

"Are you serious? Just get here, I don't mind....no, I'll be a little embarrassed but not to the point I would push you out of the bed."

"......"

"Are you going to do something to me?"

"No."

"Then, I'll be fine."

"...then, pardon me."

Hiiragi climbed the bed a little reluctantly and turned to the opposite of Sylvie's face as he didn't want to make her feel as if she was being looked at. However, Sylvie's voice once again reached him.

"... Hiiragi, can you turn your face here?"

"...why?"

"...just because."

Hiiragi was trying to find a reason why Sylvie would ask him to do that. Right now, Sylvie seemed to be strange in his eyes. Although he knew Sylvie was someone who would be feeling lonely easily, she was not this open when expressing her feelings before. It was a good change in his opinion, but right now, she looked like she was feeling confused.