Ch49 - Mirage Of The Princess's Beloved

Now, how are you doing? Enjoy the new chapter...

******************************

Sylvie's POV

I woke up to the sound of bird's chirping. My eyes opened slowly as I got up while stretching my body with energy. I felt like I had the best sleep in all my life. Even though I had lived inside a castle before, the comfort this inn offered easily surpassed the castle. Probably because of how the atmosphere here was warmer than the cold, suffocating air of the castle.

When I woke up, I took a moment to refresh myself completely and looked around the room. There was no Hiiragi anywhere I looked.

Did he not return last night?

I wanted to worry about Hiiragi at first, but knowing how powerful he was, I just calmed myself and thought that he might return later. I couldn't imagine someone like him being defeated by some nameless men.

I changed my clothes and went down for breakfast. When I went down, I was slightly surprised by how relaxed one boy was drinking his tea with closed eyes. Hiiragi was already having his breakfast ahead of me. I guessed he did return last night yet he managed to wake up earlier than me.

Although I promise to support him that night, it seems like it will be hard for me to do that for now...he's just too capable for me to help...

I sighed a little. Seeing that he had his breakfast already, I went to him and asked Roana to prepare some foods for me. She was fine when I talked to her, but when I asked for it to be delivered to the table Hiiragi was sitting at, she froze and struggled to comply which she agreed in the end, seeing that her parents were busy.

"Good morning. Hiiragi, at what hour did you return?"

I sat down in front of him as I asked him. Hiiragi opened his eyes as he heard me. Perhaps that I was close to him now, I could see that he seemed to be a little listless.

...I wonder how long did he sleep?

"Oh, Syl. Morning...."

"You look tired. Did you get enough sleep last night?"

"... Syl, do you know? Apparently, the average combat power of adventurer is Rank C, which is just enough to beat a group of goblin alone and probably a few groups if he or she has enough preparation. A knight average combat power is a little higher than that, which I assessed to be at Rank B, enough survive a horde of monsters."

"...I kind of follow but also lost a little. Continue."

What was this guy talking about? I was kind of confused but it was knowledge, so I just let him continue talking. Hiiragi had a listless smile as he was talking. It was as if he was both disappointed and exhausted by what he discovered.

"At first, I wondered if they were as strong as at least an adventurer since their speed were something else. They were able to follow my movement in the beginning, so I was curious and sped up a little. Turned out, they were just that much. They couldn't even predict where I would go. I was bored of them since they retreated easily without chasing me. Therefore, I followed them and found out their base location."

".....what?"

Wait wait wait, just wait a moment! What kind of things were you doing last night?

"You know, even when I was walking near them, searching their hideout's treasury, and even infiltrate their hidden room withing the treasury, they didn't even notice me. Although I'm grateful that it is easy and safe for me to collect information, how should I say this? It kinds of disappoint me when there's no feeling of thrill. It's like I'm cheating. Their incompetence really turns me off."