Ch3-Invitation Of Duel With Flame Princess

Hi again. This is the third chapter.
Please enjoy it.
------------------
Magic Society's Hall

"Cheers"

The Magic Society's Hall was filled with many important people. In the sea of people, a pair of brother and sister were standing, looking for their inviter. The boy, Hiiragi walked and searched for the culprit of the invitation to this place. Miyuu, the girl who was timidly following him wore a mask on her face, hiding her cute face by half.

Hiiragi noticed a beautiful young lady being surrounded by men and women. Although he wanted to talk to her, since he was feeling that it would be troublesome, he ignored her and headed to the buffet.

The girl noticed Hiiragi in the corner of her eyes, excused herself and walked after him. As he became nearer, she called out to him.

"Hiiragi-kun."

Hiiragi, knowing that this was unavoidable, replied.

"Yo, Rin."

As Rina was the center point of attention, majority of people are looking at her so they were surprised with the nickname. Many people were paying attention to her from the beginning despite her not being the main character this time.

"You really don't have any other greetings, do you?"

"Not like I have to use it much unlike you who always participate in banquet and party."

Rina pouted as she listened to Hiiragi's reply.

"It's not like I want to but this time it is my best friends birthday so it is special."

"I see."

Hiiragi looked around and noticed a big number of people are looking at them. Miyuu who was holding Hiiragi's hand was trembling because of the excessive attention from men even though it wasn't directed her.

"As I thought, you are an important person in Magic Society right?"

"....... How do you know?"

Rina who was wondering why he thought she is an influential person.

"One, you are a prodigy in magic. Humans will always put a prodigy in a high place and give them important positions to make a name for their organization. Two, many people are watching us. I thought it was because you talking to us who are basically stranger but it's more than that. It may be because you are a prodigy or an important person. Lastly, because many people try to gain your favor back then."

Rina who was listening, was stunned by Hiiragi's deduction. She was listening for the second time but still shocked by his observation.

"...... However, that only gives you a probability of me being a popular person, right?"

Rina tried asking that but unknown to her, it was a trap set by Hiiragi.

"The evidence is your question just now and your shaking eyes. People always wonder, deny or accept but you ask about it. That means, you don't want me know that you are someone important."

Rina could only raise her hands in defeat.

"I give up. I am an important person in this organization. I am the Head-Researcher of Magic Society, Kawai Rina. Mainly researching about magic and runes. Even so, Hiiragi-kun, women don't like men who sniffs around their secrets, you know."

"Like I care. They should hide their secrets better if they don't want people to know. Even if they don't like me, my beloved little sister will always like me."