Ch50 - A Mother's Love

How was the last chapter? Was it good? If it's good then I'm glad. Enjoy this one!

******************************

Hiiragi couldn't deny it. The woman in front of him, although he knew she had passed away already, the presence she gave was far stronger than any of his enemies in the past. In fact, he could only compare Miliana with the killer of his parents, Puppeteer whom he could still remember vividly of how strong he was despite not seeing clearly.

If he had to fight her with his current strength, he would say the chances to win were lower than three out of ten. Without Yami inside, his strength was only half.

However, even if Yami was within him, the chances to win were only -

Seven out of ten, that's as high as it could be. I'm really glad she's on our side though...

Yes, Hiiragi still could not imagine that he could win against the woman in a frontal fight with certainty. This was the first time he met someone with this much power that even he had to be careful of. The Puppeteer was one individual but Miliana was also another story.

Hiiragi did neither kneel or lower his eyes when he faced Miliana. He locked eyes with her as if he was never bothered with the powerful presence she had.

Miliana noticed that Hiiragi was unlike any other opponents she has met before. Nobody had ever dare to make an eye contact with her for more than a few seconds whether they know her or not. As Hiiragi and her had looked into each other's eyes for far longer than that, her curiosity bloomed.

This boy, he is not an ordinary boy...

At the same time, Hiiragi was currently thinking of many things. He was making plans if things ever gone south. Miliana making an appearance caused a variant to exist in his original plan and backup plan. If she ever decided to do something, his whole plans would be disturbed. The checkmate would turn into a stalemate. He would not want that.

Then, Hiiragi just noticed Sylvie on the sofa, currently unconscious. He felt worried about her. Therefore, he moved towards her to see if she was injured or anything else.

Miliana and the other people who were in the room were surprised and shocked to see Hiiragi just ignored and did not mind Miliana's existence only to examine Sylvie's condition.

"Syl, are you okay?"

Hiiragi talked to Sylvie and shook her body a little bit to wake her up. Nevertheless, she did not wake up and Hiiragi checked her pulse only to know that she was just sleeping, soundly in fact.

Syl is fine, that's one thing less to worry. That woman on her knees, the Guildmaster I guess and that man is her acquaintance.

Hiiragi made his guess as he glanced at them. Then, he turned his attention once more to the queen, who he had to be careful. Miliana was staring at him with curiosity and dignity as she stood there.

Miliana Ivaris Griatim, the late queen of Cyrus-san. The only powers of her that were recorded in those books were her soul magic, monstrous Mana, swordsmanship of a swordmaster and Magic Swordsmanship. I seriously have to be very careful here. I've a guess of how she could appear here but there was no proof yet.

As he already guessed that Miliana was stronger than him, Hiiragi raised his guard and prepared himself. Although he wished that he was not feeling sleepy right now, he had to be extra careful when dealing with her.

"May I ask if you are the Hiiragi, my delicate daughter's partner?"

"Yes, I am Kuro Hiiragi. And you're Miliana Ivaris Griatim, right? Syl's mother."