Chapter 24 - Sylvie's Punishment

Updated. Sorry for being late. Here we go.

***************************
King's Throne

Hiiragi stood firmly, staring into the eyes of an old man who was sitting on his majestic throne without any fear.

The king, Cyrus was sitting with dignity and honor that a king should have.

The throne was filled with few people of importance. Dukes, royalties and a few nobles. Each of them dared not to speak since all of them did not know why they were brought here except a portion of them.

A heavy silence was going through the throne and the atmosphere was certainly not very friendly.

All of them were tense as they could feel the heavy mood in the place.

"So, what is it?"

Hiiragi broke the silence with his bored tone. His face showed neither anxiety nor nervous.

On the other hand, the king, Cyrus was feeling very nervous. This was because he knows that Hiiragi was a powerful individual and might become a threat to his kingdom, if he handles it wrong.

He did not know how he should apologize for his daughter's selfish actions which caused Hiiragi's younger sister to be affected. Furthermore, Hiiragi's current mood also did not help at all.

Not wanting to waste anymore time, Cyrus spoke.

"Firstly before I begin, let me apologize for my daughter's selfish actions. I am very sorry to let your younger sister be harrassed."

Cyrus lowered his head as he apologized for Catherina's fault. He did not care about his pride as a king since he was partly at fault too as he did not look into his children actions. Not to mention, he had promised Hiiragi that he will keep Miyuu out of harm too.

The dukes and other important nobles were bewildered at such behavior since they knew that the king would never bow his head to anyone to protect his pride. Nevertheless, the scene before them was saying otherwise.

"Your Majesty, why are you lowering your head!?"

"Your Majesty!"

The dukes tried to stop Cyrus from lowering his head however...

"It is nothing out of concern. It is partly my fault to go beyond my words."

Cyrus kept his cool and calmly told the dukes to calm down.

Hiiragi did not change his expression when he saw this. He only observed them with a bored expression without saying anything like he didn't care what are they talking about.

Then, he hung his head down and sighed deeply.

"Cyrus-san."

He called Cyrus while his head lays low. Cyrus raised his head and looked at him without any hesitation.

"It's fine. Things already happened... Besides, it's my fault too for letting Myu be alone when she was not well. And I hurt your subordinate too. So, I'm sorry for causing this. Furthermore, Myu had destroyed her room. As her brother, I apologise for that."

Hiiragi apologized while tilting his head down to show that he regretted it. Although they were at fault, he did get careless to leave Miyuu alone when her mind wasn't stable.

"Now, we're both even right?"

Hiiragi asked.

"No, allow me to do something to compensate you. I have not protect my promise after all."