3

Walking into work a week later in the middle of the day was a different scene

Walking into work a week later in the middle of the day was a different scene. The bar was pretty much dead, and I had no hope to see Harry. I haven't seen him in almost two weeks.

I wasn't working today though, I was coming in to pick up my paycheck. Connor didn't want to pay his employees digitally, he said it was "too fucking difficult and wasn't worth his time."

Wasting trees is fine, I guess.

School this week was difficult, I had an essay due in almost every class. Lab practicals were in my science classes, and I had to analyze a map for my World History class.

I stayed up most nights after I had gotten home from the club to study for my classes. School always came easy to me. I never needed to study much in highschool, unlike Anna, school did not come as easily to her. I would stay up to help her study on nights I didn't need to study myself. She helped me with other things like grocery shopping and cleaning the apartment.

Recently Anna had been out, she had been hanging out with that Grant guy who I have yet to meet. She said she wants to wait until they are officially dating to introduce us. Apparently it will be soon.

As I walked through the doors of Chargers expecting a quick in and out, I stopped dead in my tracks. There he sat, with a woman on his right. They seemed rather flirty, but I didn't think much of it. With the sound of the door closing behind me, they both turned their heads towards me.

I watched as Harry's smirk spread and a slight shake of his head.

"Look who's back! It's Blondie!" He exclaimed, throwing me off a bit. The woman at his side looked rather upset at his sudden change of attention.

"Look who's back! It's the pain in my ass!" I say back just as enthusiastically, a small smile on my lips as I walk forward towards Connor's office. I didn't want to intrude on whatever Harry had going on.

"Jess, I think it's time you leave." Harry says with a low volume to her. He nodded his head towards the exit of the club.

"But Harry-" She protested in a whiny voice. She clearly didn't want to leave.

"Now." His voice was stern this time. She rolled her eyes and got off her seat with a huff.

"Next time you need a fuck, call someone else." She scoffs rudely as she leaves the club. All he did in response was chuckle.

I looked back at him from watching the exchange and he casually shrugged his shoulders and downed his drink, watching me.

"What are you waiting for Blondie? An invitation to walk into Con's office? He won't care babe." He says as he reaches over the bar to grab the bottle of bourbon and pour himself a new glass. He does what he wants. Connor's voice said in my head.

I shook my head, pushing my way into Connor's office.

Connor looked up from his seat at his desk, taking in who the sudden intruder was.