12

A/N: Sorry about the mix up. I accidentally posted the wrong chap.

Song for this chapter: One Step Forward, Three Steps Back by Olivia Rodrigo

Song for this chapter: One Step Forward, Three Steps Back by Olivia Rodrigo. (play it near the end of the chapter)

I could tell I'd be sunburned by the time we left the park. But here we sat, continuing to swing and talk for hours. He never told me one thing about himself as we talked.

He kept his life a secret.

"Oh shut up." I laughed as he made some sexual joke.

"Come on, it was funny!" He laughs, slapping his own knee in mock offensiveness. He runs his hands through his hair a bit, casually pushing it out of the way.

"I can't say it was, Harry." I joke in response. I grab onto the chains and arch my back a bit, trying to relieve the tension that I've caused sitting here for a while.

"Mhm. Whatever." He scoffs, waving his hand dismissing my comment playfully. He beamed at me before swinging a bit higher.

He has a gorgeous smile.

"So how's that book you bought when we were together?" He continues, recalling the time in the bookstore where we almost kissed.

The only reason I had bought that book was because it reminded me of him. But he didn't need to know that.

"It's good actually. It's not my usual type of romance, but I enjoy it." I tell him truthfully. I try to comb through my blonde hair a bit to detangle it. My hair had gotten slightly tangled while swinging.

"You sure like books, don't you?" He states like it's obvious.

"Fictional characters are usually better than people." I wasn't lying. Main characters of my favorite books are people that I would trade anything for them to be real.

"I can't disagree." He shrugs, agreeing with me.

"What kind of books do you read, Harry?" I ask, knowing he does read considering he was able to give me a complete summary of my favorite romance novel without a second thought.

"Porn." He bluntly says, and I'm a bit thrown off by his answer. I'm not necessarily surprised as the answer came tumbling from his lips.

He watches my reaction before he busts out laughing.

"I'm kidding Blue, sex education is more my style." He says, not being able to keep a straight face at his own joke. I push his shoulder as his answer, turning away and shaking my head with a smile.

"No but seriously, I tend to enjoy mysteries and romance the most." He says quietly, letting me know a bit more about him. I swear it made my heart jump just hearing the tiniest bit of information.

"Are you a sap, Styles?" I poke his arm optimistically. A small smile appears on his lips.

"None of your business, Darling." His voice radiates so much more than just the words he's saying. It's like he's holding back telling me everything.