5

I shot out of bed to the sound of my alarm going off early this morning

I shot out of bed to the sound of my alarm going off early this morning. I look over at the clock, 7 a.m. I groan to myself and bury my face in the pillow praying that I could time jump through today.

I push myself from my bed and I stalk towards my bathroom, everything in my house being undecorated and boring. My bedroom two bathroom apartment isn't much, but I was never a materialistic guy.

I brushed my teeth and changed into some black jeans and a black shirt, I put my sunglasses on my face as I headed out the door towards my dreaded destination for the day.

I was required to do a few things at the warehouse today, and I wasn't very pleased about it.

The warehouse was where I went on occasion when I was summoned basically. I was called in to do a variety of different missions and deliveries for different clients.

If I told you I did this willingly, I would be lying. My father, Jason, was one of the heads of the organization. He was a sly bastard who got away with whatever he wanted to. He made my life a living hell, while he runs around playing the devil. He and my mom split when I was six. He was abusive to all of us. My younger sister and mom included.

I headed out to the street to unlock my sleek, black, Audi R8 that I bought illegally through the system. I normally stay out of the business as much as I can, but this benefited me in a way I didn't have to pay taxes through the government.

I took my car to the warehouse, going a different route each time just so in case my movements are watched they won't suspect much. I drive about twenty-five miles to the middle of nowhere, parking my car in the backside lot. The dust blew up around my car as it skidded to a stop. I turn off the ignition and I reach over to pull my black gun from the dashboard and make sure it's loaded.

I huff in annoyance at my requirement of being here and step out of the car and into the bright sunlight. I slam the car door shut and begin walking towards the warehouse door. I take my key in my hand and point it over my shoulder behind me, locking my car.

My sunglasses help with the dust that flies around me in the wind, my boots could be heard scratching along the tiniest of rocks with every step.

I tuck my gun in the waistband of my jeans, not caring at all if it is visible. The people around here are used to that stuff. They all know who I am and what I am capable of.

When I get to the door of the large warehouse I type in the eight-digit code and push my way through the steel metal door. I weave my way through the hallways, gaining looks from the other fuck heads who are here. I pull out my phone in the process of getting to the back room.

It rings for a second before he answers.

"Got what you need for me, kid?" His cigarette-damaged voice cracks on the other end of the line.