39

ayo im back lolz

The hospital walls were something I never thought I'd be seeing again

My hand was still clenched in Harry's. His face hung low as he stared off at the ground as if time didn't exist. He made no move to say anything, go to the restroom, or even eat for at least three hours. It wasn't until the early hours of the morning that the doctor approached us.

The morning seemed to be a trying time for us.

We both had been glued to our chairs in the waiting room, my legs crossed for most of the time because of my short dress. We noticed that Harry's leather jacket was long gone, most likely still in the alleyway when I had peeled it off of his body in the heat of our makeout. He sat shirtless until a nurse came and gave him a shirt from one of the back closets. She had offered me clothes, but I had refused to leave Harry in order to change.

This boy was about to become more broken then he already was.

"Mr. Styles, correct?" The doctor asks when he steps in front of us. Harry's head slowly raises, expecting the worst.

I don't know if Harry's ever been in the situation before, but I can tell that he's breaking inside.

"Yes, um, that's me." His voice is quiet and weak, he should have been sleeping, but the worry blocked out the chance of him ever getting any shut eye. I hope and pray the doctor has some good news for us.

"I know you are waiting on Antonio's medical records, but unfortunately, due to laws and privacy..." The doctor trails off and I immediately knew what he met and my heart sank for Harry.

Damn the laws of medicine.

"Wait, wait. You can't tell me what's wrong with him?" Harry's hopeful eyes fell off into a pit of despair, something I've been seeing too much of him recently.

"Unfortunately, no." The doctor said Antone only made Harry more anxious.

"But I'm like family! We've known each other forever!" Harry's volume gets louder and his face turns to a red undertone, everything about him is getting fired up and I think the doctor has started to recognize it.

"I'm sorry, sir. We can't give out information like that, it's illegal and unethical." He tries to reason softly with Harry. That's one part of medicine that's so hard on the human heart. It's difficult to deal with people who are grieving.

HIPAA could be so hard to bypass, and it protected the privacy of everyone in the hospital. A violation of the law could result in numerous amounts of fines, money,  and legal trouble.

"Harry, Harry." I rest a hand on his shoulder, pulling him back before he can go ballistic. "I have a solution."

I step in front of a now flustered Harry, only speaking to the doctor directly. The doctor's eyes widened as I took my stance in front of a now very angry harry.