30

So, I'm at Chargers

So, I'm at Chargers.

It's around seven at night before this place starts to get crowded. I came down here to get ready and chill before the fight. My fight was in about three hours, but I had some things I needed to discuss with Jason and he said he would meet me here and stay for the match afterwards.

I didn't fucking need him to watch over me.

I think Blake was supposed to be working tonight which honestly calms my nerves more than anything. I seem to be more lackadaisical about things when her presence is near. She just has that effect on me.

I am loading my boxing gear into my locker, the man I'm fighting wants gloves so I have to wear them.

Pussy.

I sit on the bench by the lockers for a long while, needing some time to think. I have completed every college assignment that I've had to. My professor has been even more in tune with my artwork recently because he's seen a trend in all my pieces.

"Harry, can I talk to you for a moment?" My professor calls from the front of the lecture hall. I turn my body back around to face him.

"Of course, Professor." I respond lighty, some girls turning their heads in shock hearing my voice for the first time. I never was a talker in school. I try to keep myself off the radar in my normal life.

I make my way down the step and up to my professor where he stands at his podium. He's dressed in a black dress shirt and jeans, much different from my white sweatshirt and black Nike shorts.

"Now I just have to say, your recent piece is absolutely breathtaking. The way you took the prompt about beauty in nature and made it a woman decorated in leaves is wonderful. I truly admire it." His voice was rushed and very business-like. The compliment made me feel good, I painted a photo of Blake walking down a break in the trees dressed in bright green leaves and vines.

"Thank you. It means a lot."

"I'm glad. Now, I wanted to ask you if you would be willing to submit it to the art function coming up this month. Your piece could be on auction and sell for a lot of money and even win the contest. Roski students have been invited and I wanted to know if I could put you and your painting on the list?"

The offer made my eyes widen. I haven't ever been asked something like this in my life. A big good opportunity. This could make or break my future, such exposure to the art world out there is something I've always dreamed of just never thought possible.

"Oh um, that's very generous of you, but-" I start but almost get interrupted immediately.

"Mr. Styles, this is an amazing opportunity. People of the highest art programs will be observing your work. I truly think you could win."