15

"Baby

"Baby.." He whispers, his eyes closing as he tries to lean forward to cling to me. I immediately caught him, steadying him back up straight.

"Harry, oh my, what happened?" I say as I take a more detailed look at his face. The cuts along the top of his eyebrow, his bloody nose, his swollen cheek bone...

"I fucked up for them." He tells me, his sweaty head leaning on my shoulder, probably getting blood on my shirt.

"Fucked up for who?" I ask as my hand moves to the nape of his neck. My fingers rake through he curls at the bottom to calm him.

"Please don't make me tell you." He almost cries. He shakes his head against my neck as his arms wrap around my waist tugging me to him.

"Okay, okay. Come in, let me clean you up."I say, pulling away from the bloody man in front of me. I grab his hand to lead him to my bathroom.

We walk into the space, flicking on the light. I walk him to the closed toilet seat and guide him into sitting down. He relaxes against the tank and lets out a deep sigh.

I crouch down in front of him, my hands resting over his.

"Thanks." He whispers.

"Who hurt you, Harry?" I ask him gently, my hands carefully pushing the hair from his face.

"People." He mumbles back to me. I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"Harry, this is serious-" I start, but he cuts me off almost immediately.

"Blue, listen to me. I can't tell you right now, I'm not ready. I'll tell you when I am, okay? Just please don't push me." His eyes open during his monologue, he clearly didn't want to talk about it. I wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." I surrender to him, letting his eyes close back and his head lean to the side in exhaustion.

"It's okay, sweetheart. It's not your fault." His hand blindly finds my face, his thumb stroking my cheek.

"Don't ever go near them again, okay?" I plead, hoping whatever happened to him never happens again.

"Impossible not to." His eyes open to look at me, they are red in the whites of his eyes from the lack of sleep.

"Just try for me?" I suggest. I move myself from in front of him, getting on my knees in front of my sink, looking through the cabinets.

I finally found what I was looking for. A first aid kit. I take a rag and run it under warm water and leave it in the sink to soak.

"I'm so sorry, Blue." He tells me from his spot on the toilet seat.

"For what, H?" My attention returns to him after finding the supplies I need to clean him up.

A pre-med student is pretty good at helping the injured.

"Being such a dick. I never should've spoken to you the way I did." He apologizes profusely, he sounds genuinely like he is about to break.