CHAPTER 6: THE DUEL (EDITED)

A new day comes again. The thunderbird trio wake up on time and went to their first subject: Defense against the dark arts with the other three houses.

"Hey!" Cedric greeted Neville and Luna as they enter the room." Hey come sit with us the professor said there's no sitting arrangement today." Said luna. They sat in one row in the middle of the classroom then the professor comes in.

" Good morning everyone " the professor greeted.

" Good morning professor sherlock!" The students greeted back.

" Now as part of our advance teaching curriculum we are now talking about duelling." The professor said. Then a girl frow wampus row raised her hand." Yes miss Shuck?" Professor Sherlock asked. "Are we going to learn some defensive spells?" The girl ask." Of course. ilvermorny is know as the home of the greatest dueler in america right?" Then the whole class nodded." So that means I'm going to teach you some defensive spells and some offensive spells as well." Sherlock completed.

" Now does any body know the disarming spell?" The professor ask looking around the class finding some hands." Well how about you miss Ginger head? " Sherlock said making everyone laugh. "Excuse me sir, Ginger is my surname, not my nickname" Hermione responed annoyance is visible on her face. "Well i apologize i thought they call Ginger because you looks like a ginger head" Hadrian chuckles with the bad joke professor Sherlock just said. "What's wrong? Being a Ginger head was way much better than having a scent of a ginger." Sherlock finished making everyone Laugh even more.

"Will just gonna make fun of me or I'll answer your question professor. " Hermione said rolling her eyes.

"Okay sorry i got carried away. proceed miss 'Ginger'... " Sherlock emphasized Hermione's Ginger surname.

Hermione stand up and say "Expelliarmus - the Disarming Charm - means 'to drive out a weapon' and that's what it does: forces the subject to drop whatever they're holding. Usually that's a wand, which is why it's often seen in duels." that made everyone give her a round of applause including Sherlock.

" Excellent miss granger fifty points to thinderbird for a wonderful and informative answer." Sherlock complimented the other students seems to notice that the DADA teacher favours thunderbird.

" So now we will have a duel match so i want you to pick your dueling partner" professor Sherlock instructed. Hadrian was preparing to approach Luna but interupted by a third year wampus student. " Oii Malfoy do you want to fight me or you're afraid that i might broke your legs." A boy named Xander said. Hermione step forward but stopped by Hadrian " fine lets duel" Hadrian reply expressionless.

The dueling match began Hermione vs Cedric but Cedric defeated her, Neville vs Luna and luna defeated Neville.
It was one by one match until its hadrian and Xander's turn, all eyes on them. His friends were worried that he might get injured.

"Wands up!" Sherlock started," bow and walk backwards." He added. They did what the professor said and ready their position. Hadrian in the left end of the stage while xander in the right." Now." Sherlock shouted and they started to duel.

Xander throw many disarming spells to Hadrian's detection but failed, they're both skilled. After a second hadrian found a opportunity to attack. " Stupefy!" Hadrian shouted and throw a stunning spell to xander causing him to fly in the air then bounce to the floor.

The whole classroom was surprised. Did they just saw a first year student use a stunning spell against a third year student.
The other students expects the third year student to win but the situation had changed." Well well well mr. Malfoy you did a great job 100 points to thinderbird for using a super advance duelling spell! ." Sherlock said ending the duel with a loud clap. The class go on but the teacher told Hadrian to stay behind after the class.

The class was over and hadrian stayed behind. He walk closer to the male teacher. "Your parents prepare you so well mr. Malfoy" sherlock said pouring a wine in his champaign. "You know my parents professor?" Hadrian ask in confusion.

Then sherlock pulled out his sleeve revealing a death eater's mark. " You're a Death Eater?" Hadrian ask in Surprise." Yes and part of the inner circle too" sherlock answered drinking his wine." Then call me Hadrian in private professor." Hadrian inform the teacher  "and call me James in private as well my queen" sherl- james said bowing." You know about that too?" Hadrian ask surprised." Of course I do as Isaid Im a member of the inner circle so I probably know it." He reply.

After the conversation with the secret death eater professor Hadrian went to Herbology and the class passed smoothly. At lunch all the students are in the great hall eating their meal. Hadrian is reading a book with hermione and Luna while Cedric is playing with Neville when a black and white colored owl fly to deliver a letter for hadrian.

He opens the letter and then see that it was from his brother draco.

Dear brother

I wish you're alright there at ilvermorny i received your letter and i was glad that you find my soulmate. I was expecting to hear more about her from you. Owl me when you have time. tell her that we will meet soon

Love draco.

After reading the letter he hand it to Hermione and she blushed. They all laugh to see their female friend blushing.