Benny

Next day. morning. At a Diner. 

I took a sip of my coffee "so, Benny, not that i mind having brunch with you but did you want to have brunch with me?"

Benny shrugged "i saw my son the other day and noticed that he's not as happy as he says he is"

I scoffed, shaking my head "i am not talking about my relationship with Kelly, Benny"

Benny "but maybe you should"

I looked at him. 

Benny "I'm not here as his father, Florence. I am here as someone who watched you grow up. I am still your uncle Benny, you know"

I looked at him and leaned back in my seat "i hate him"

Benny shook his head "no you don't. "

I nodded "i do"

Benny shook his head "no, you don't, Florence"

I nodded "i do, Benny, i was fine before him. I was completely on track with my life and now .... I mean, he warned me - I 've known  him my whole life and i know how he is when he is in a relationship and i thought that he would be different with me. I was stupid to think that year we spent together meant he changed. All i did was loving him, Benny. I am not perfect, okay? i made mistakes too but everything i did was because i love him"

Benny " "love"? you still love him?"

I shook my head, sighing "i don't know, Benny, i don't know what i feel for him."

Benny cleared his throat "let's forget the confusion of your feelings for a second. answer me this: would you ever go back with him?  would you give him another shot?"

Me "i forgave him, Benny. I forgave him for cheating on me with someone that was like family to me"

Benny "why?"

Me "It's been months, Benny. I've moved on from that-that situation. Does it still hurt though? yes, it does. Do i want to hit her with the fire truck and call it an accident? yes. Do i wanna rip his eyes out and feed them to him? yes. But it's been months and i'm tired of letting Kelly know how much he hurt me because he obviously doesn't give a damn about it because he is still loving her in front of me so...."

Benny took a sip of his coffee.

Me "i am just tired. I just want someone who can keep his promises because i don't think i can handle empty promises anymore"

He nodded  "Florence-"

Suddenly he dropped the mug and put a hand over his chest. 

I froze "Benny?"

He started to shake and dropped onto the bench. 

My eyes widened and i rushed over to him "Benny?! Help! Someone call an ambulance!!!"

People started to panic. 

I put a hand on Benny's shoulder "hold on, Benny"

At the Med. 

Kelly walked inside and asked the nurse "Excuse me. Do you have any information on a Benjamin Severide? Admitted for a stroke."

My voice broke "Kelly"

Kelly turned to me, shocked "Florence?"

I looked at him in tears "i-i- i was with him when it happened -i- i- held him and-"

Kelly walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder "Flo, what's going on?"

I sobbed out "i am so sorry, Kelly.  He didn't - He didn't -"

I cut myself off shaking my head. 

Kelly's face dropped "no"

I hugged him. 

he hugged me back. 

In the waiting room. 

Kelly was sitting next to me with my hand in his grip. 

The Firehouse showed up. 

Casey asked confused "what happened?"

Kelly looked at me. 

Me "Benny had invited me for brunch. And, uhm, he just.... he collapsed out of nowhere...and..."

A nurse walked over to us "Kelly, can you come with me, please?"

Kelly nodded and left with her. 

Casey sat down in Kelly's chair and put a hand on my back "are you okay?"

I took a deep breath and looked at the guys "A couple years back i was here going through the same thing Kelly is going through now. I know that if one of us grieve all of grieve with them. He needs us right now. If he tells us to get lost and that he is fine - he's not fine because he needs us now more than ever. "

They nodded. 

---

I walked back to the boys "they asked Kelly where to deliver the remains. So he looked a bit overwhelmed, but he wanted me to tell you not to wait around because, you know, he knows how you all are, and he also wanted me to say that if we take it to Herrmann's house he will join us later."

Hermann " It's good by me. I'll let Cindy know."

I nodded.

Casey "want me to stay here with you?"

I shook my head "no, no, it's fine"

Casey " All right, just make sure he comes. He shouldn't be alone. "

I nodded "Yeah, of course."

Casey "All right, let's regroup at Herrmann's."

They all walked out. 

Night. 

Kelly sat down next to me.

I looked at him and put a hand on the back of his heck "Kelly"

He shook his head.

I hugged him and he froze. 

Then i whispered "It's me, Kelly, it's Flo"

He buried his face in my neck and pulled me against him. 

My voice cracked "it's okay. I am here. "

He sobbed out and hugged me harder.