Fixing A Broken Firefighter

A few weeks later. at the Firehouse. In the meeting room. 

While i was on vacation with Jay some things happened at he Firehouse. Jones took her own life because she couldn't handle the pressure anymore .I may have not really liked her but she didn't deserve that. No one does.

Otis moved out and in with Cruz. Clarke transferred over to 25. 

Chief "We work a dangerous job. We all knew that when we signed up. A firefighter dies in the lie of duty, we are shocked. our hearts are broken. but in some dark corner of our mind, we are bracing ourselves for that possibility. But when a firefighter takes her own life? that is not a contingency that we can prepare for. we can't change what happened. but we can learn from it. We all missed the signs here. And we can never let it happen again. So you reach out to each other. You be there for each other. Not just for today, or this week-always. I never want to see another member of this family slip though the cracks. Let's go to work"

Everyone walked out. .

Kelly looked at me surprised "hey, didn't know you were back"

I nodded "hey, just got back this morning"

he nodded and hugged me "good to see you"

I hugged him back "good to see you too"

At a jewelry shop. 

Shay and i walked inside and over to Matt.

He looked at us and hugged us "Thanks or coming, girls. Listen, before any of you say anything, i know. I'm moving a little fast. "

I shook my head "Well, it was about time"

Shay nudged me. 

Matt "Things with Gabby and i haven't been perfect. She's trying to make  big career shift, and she thinks i am not on the fence about it. That's why i want to let her know this is real. And, in life of recent events, why wait? Tomorrow isn't guaranteed for anybody"

I looked at him surprised "how comes you were never this romantic when we were together?"

Matt looked at me frozen. 

I giggled "Chill, Matty, i'm glad you found the one"

He smiled and rolled his eyes "you want to see 'em?"

Shay nodded "yeah"

We walked over to the counter. There were four rings no display. 

Shay and i pointed at the same one "this one. "

I nodded "that's her right there"

Matt cheered "that was my pick. back me up"

The woman nodded "that was his pick"

Shay nodded "it's really pretty"

Matt "I'm gonna do it"

The woman "I'll get one in her size. What is it?"

Matt sighed. 

Shay "i'm on the case"

At the Firehouse. Squad 3 table. 

Kelly put a boot on the table "okay, you guys, pony up"

He had told me that he was helping a firefighter who went down the wrong path. But Shay told me that that former firefighter has disappointed Kelly a couple times.