"You Lied To Me"

Next day. Morning. In the locker room. 

Brett "Dawson is coming in for shift today.Says she needs the distraction."

Me "can you blame her? her father got shot and nearly died. Of course she needs distraction"

Brett " I'm sorry for bringing Hope here in the first place."

i stood up and hugged her "What happened is on her, not you."

Brett "i should have been a better friend"

Me "that's bullshit. You've been a better friend to me than others."

Kelly walked through the locker room, looking at me with sad eyes. 

I looked down in tears.  

Brett "what's wrong?"

Me "Kelly and i are no longer in a relationship"

Brett's jaw dropped "what? because of what Hope did?"

Me "Because of what Kidd did"

Brett looked at me confused and i shot her a look. 

Her jaw dropped "no. He wouldn't-"

Me "he did"

Suddenly the alarm went off " Squad Three, Ambulance 61, structure fire, 1400 Edgemont Ave."

at the scene.

We got out of our trucks. Apparently another Firehouse already killed the fire. Good. 

Kelly "We miss all the excitement?"

Lieutenant "Could be. We got everyone out and knocked down the fire, but we're still waiting to hear overhaul's complete."

Kelly nodded"All right, we'll help you mop up. Hey, Cruz, you come with me. Tony, Florence and Capp, you guys sit tight a minute."

Capp nodded "Copy that.T

I walked back to the truck and sat down. 

Kelly "It's definitely a lot smokier back here. We got a fire in the ceiling in the back hallway.It's right by the central oxygen system."

Suddenly we heard an explosion.

Kelly carried out a teenager. 

At the Firehouse. 

Kidd walked over to me and I sighed.

Oh hell no.

She took a deep breath "you have a second?"

I raised an eyebrow "for what?"

Kidd "I wanna talk"

I let out a deep breath and walked with her to the trucks to get some privacy.

Kidd "I wanna apologize, Florence. I don't know what happened-"

Me"oh you don't know? then let me tell you. You, Stella freaking Kidd, slept with my boyfriend"

She looked down.

I shook my head "you don't get it, do you?"

She looked at me confused.

Me "you went behind my back. You said you wanted to make things right with me after what you had done to me. I am already having a hard time trusting you again – building a relationship with you that could come close to the one you ruined. Do you really think screwing my boyfriend is gonna make me forgive you faster? Do you think I would want to still have anything to do with you ? You knew exactly what Kelly and I have went through and what our situation was when you decided to sleep with him. "

She looked down.

Me "while I was crying my heart out to you about Kelly you were planning in your head what the best way was to sleep with Severide. "

She shook her head "no, Flo, that's not-"

Me "True? Kidd, you knew everything. You knew things about me no one else knew and still decided that it would be a good idea to jump In bed with the guy I love most"

Kidd "Florence, I am so sorry. I know I hurt you –"

Me "but you don't seem to care about me enough to not hurt me"

Kidd looked down.

Me "to be honest, you are the last person I expected this from. But I shouldn't be surprised since it wasn't long ago when you decided to screw me over "

Kidd sighed "Florence, I am sorry"

I shook my head "no, you're not. Or else you would've been honest with me. But you weren't .Like you weren't honest with me when I asked you if you liked Kelly"

Kidd shook her head "I didn't know what to say"

Me"what about the truth, Stella? Did you really think I was going to abandon you just because you have feelings for Kelly? of course you have feelings for him. He's Kelly, he's a dream. He's even more in a guy than a woman could ever ask for. And trust me, If anyone here knows how it is to feel something for someone you shouldn't have feelings for then it's me. But you should've been honest with me from the beginning on. Instead you looked me straight in the eyes and lied."

She "Florence"

He "He's single now. Nothing is stopping you from being with him"

Stella shook her head "I am not doing that to you"

I asked amused and hurt  "that's what you wouldn't do to me? that's where you are drawing the line? Wow, I cannot believe I am hearing that. "

Stella "it was a mistake"

Me "Mistakes like that are meant to happen again – especially if there are feelings involved"

Stella shook her head "he doesn't want me. He doesn't love me"

Me "and he doesn't love me enough to not hurt me"

She shook her head "that's not true"

I shook my head "I don't care anymore, Stella. Get your shit out of my apartment.  Because you and I? we're done"

Then I walked away.