Mr. Long Island Ice Tea

Next day. At the Firehouse. 

I was sitting at the Squad 3 table when Shay walked over to me after finishing talking to Kelly.

Shay sat down next to me. 

Me "i don't care what he has to say, Shay"

Shay sighed "He hasn't talked to her yet"

I shook my head "i don't care"

Shay "Florence, come on, don't be like that-"

I snapped "like what? hm? I can't believe that after everything he and i have been through he would think that i would doubt that the baby's his for no reason just to hurt him like that"

Shay sighed "You know how he can be-"

Me "and he knows how i can be. And I'm done trying to protect him from getting hurt while ending up hurt myself. "

Shay asked confused "what are you saying?"

Me "i told him that it's impossible that the baby's his. And if he wants to fight for that instead of growing some balls and ask Renee if the baby is his then i don't see why i should be friends with him."

Shay "you and Kelly are more than friends, you know that?"

I nodded "i do, but does he? If the baby turns out not to be a mini-Severide then i'm the last person he should go if he wants a shoulder to cry on. I'm gonna say that i told you so and then i'm gonna flip him off"

Shay "you sure?"

I nodded "yes"

Suddenly the alarm went off "Truck 81, Squad 3, Engine 51, Ambulance 61. Multi-Vehicle Accident, Interstate 90 at the Eisenhower Expressway"

On the highway. 

We got out of the cars. 

A guy yelled over to us "Hey! Hey, over here! over here! hey!"

We walked to him. The guy had a cut on his forehead. 

The guy "Just before the house went over i saw a motorcycle passing on the right"

He pointed at the flipped house and there were feet pocking out from underneath the house and next to it was a crushed wheel.

Me "Fuck"

Chief "Go"

Truck 51 tried to kill the fire of the other car. 

Capp, Kelly and i kneeled down to get a better look at the situation. 

I got my arm under there and tried to find a pulse on the leg. 

Kelly "And?"

Me "i can feel his leg, just not the pulse"

Kelly nodded "all right, get me some cribbing and air bags. We need to lift and stabilize this home"

Capp nodded "you got it"

Then he rushed away. 

Suddenly i heard moaning. 

Me "Chief"

Chief nodded "i heard that"

Kelly said into the radio "Otis, Mouch, grab me a ladder. There's someone else inside"

Otis "Copy"

While Capp and Clarke took care of lifting the house, Otis and Crus walked to us with the ladder.