Crying

At the Firehouse. A couple days later. 

I walked into the garage and heard everyone at the Squad 3 table cheering for me.

Cruz whistled "the lost princess is back"

I forced a smile "hey, guys, i'm gonna be right back. Just have to talk to the Chief"

Then i walked inside and into the locker room to change. 

Gabby looked at me surprised "Hi, Florence, weren't you supposed to come back to shift 3 days ago?"

I nodded "yeah but i needed the time"

Gabby "what did Severide say to that?"

Me "Well, see, when i didn't show up on shift 3 days ago he tried to call me like 23 times. Half of them i didn't answer because i was asleep, the half i didn't answer because i saw that it was Severide calling. Then he sent me a text which was hella long. I answered, quote "i'll be back on shift when you see me back on shift.". And that was it"

Gabby said amused "wow. "

I nodded "yes. "

Gabby asked worried "are you okay?"

I nodded "Yes- no. Well, i've stopped crying myself to sleep, so i guess that's a good sign"

She nodded "it is. How do you feel about Severide now?"

I sat down on the bench "you know, while i was crying myself to sleep because of all the heartbreak- i started to realize that he's not worth it. I mean, is he really worth my tears? who the hell am i to let him bring this reaction out of me? At the end of the day he's just some guy who screwed me over"

Gabby nodded  "that's very mature"

Me "i am way past crying, Gabby. i am at a point now where i am just pissed ."

Gabby raised an eyebrow, eyeing me "you're gonna start crying when you see him"

I nodded "i'm just waiting to crack"

She sighed. 

Me "and now, if you would excuse me, i gotta talk to the Chief"

At the Chief's office.

I sat down on the chair "so what do you want to talk about?"

Chief  "I heard about your breakup with Severide"

I clenched my jaw and shook my head  "there is no way I am talking about this"

Chief nodded "but you will. Florence, I don't know what happened between you two to end like this"

I looked down. 

Chief " if you don't want to talk to me then you don't have to. I'm not gonna force you to talk about something you are not ready to talk about. But I am also your Chief, kid, which means I also have to think about what's best for my Firehouse"

I eyed him confused "what are you saying?"

Chief "you can perfectly work both In both Truck and Squad and if you think you can't work under Severide's lead anymore then the Truck will gladly welcome you for a while"

I raised an eyebrow, disappointed "you think I can't work under Severide's lead anymore?"

Chief shrugged "I don't know, Florence, can you?"

Me "did he talk to you?"

Chief shook his head "no"

I scoffed, shaking my head.