Chopper Accident

Next day. Morning. At Chief's office. 

Chief "it's called Placenta Previa. Puts Donna in higher risk of a life - threatening hemorrhage in the third trimester. "

I sighed "That's terrible. "

He nodded. 

Me "how's she holding up?"

Chief "we left the appointment in a daze, haven't spoken since"

I took a deep breath "i can't even imagine what she's going through right now, Wally. But i know women, and all you can do is to put your arm around her and tell her everything's gonna be okay. It's all we can do"

Chief asked scared "Florence, what if it's not going to be okay?"

I sighed and hugged him. 

On the way to the accident. 

Kelly "hey, guys, these choppers carry 300 -gallon fuel tanks, so let's assume the worst. Everybody grab an extinguisher. you got it?"

Capp "copy that "

Kelly "Newhouse, you bring the K-12 saw. Tony, Capp, Jaws and Cutters. Flo, you're with me"

I saw Kelly looking at his phone. Texts from Brittany being worried sick about him. 

Me "got it, boss"

Kelly "stay focused"

There was smoke everywhere. 

 the trucks pulled over and we got out of them. 

The chopper was on the roof of the building. 

Chief "okay, everybody listen up. i want a full evacuation. Every one of these building got be checked out and emptied out right now. Designate that area for traige. Squad 3, get on top of that building. Secure the fuselage. check for survivors. "

Kelly "right away, Chief"

He looked at us "let's go!"

Truck 81 drove the areal to the roof of the building. Squad 3 started to climb up the areal.

Kelly "Let's make this quick. We're walking on thin ice here. "

We walked over to the chopper. It was on the edge of the roof. The pilot was trying to shake the chopper into another position from the inside. 

Kelly yelled "stop moving ! hey! Sir! stop!List to me! what's your name?"

Pilot "Frank"

Kelly "Frank, okay! you're sitting right on the edge. you can't move another inch, okay? no movement"

Frank "okay"

Kelly "okay, are you hurt?"

Frank "no"

Kelly asked the woman in the back "what about you, Ma'am?"

Woman "the seat, it's crushing my leg"

Kelly "okay, just sit tight. We're gonna get you guys out of there"

He turned to Newhouse "hey, the chopper need to be secured before we cut into it. You got it?"

Newhouse nodded "got it"

Kelly "Let's move this, come on!"

Then he said into the radio "hey, Chief, i got a pilot and two passengers alive and well. That's the good news. Bad news, i don't know how mich time we got up here. This roof seems really unstable"