Chapter 92

Skylar's POV

"How do I look?" I ask with nerves bubbling up in my throat.

My heart sored when he said he planned a date. Only since he's drilled it into my mind that he wasn't some Prince Charming, that he doesn't do dates and flowers or chocolates. Maybe he's not a Prince Charming but he's mine and that's all that matters to me.

Dylan with his back towards me, turns from the breakfast bar and his mouth falls slightly open, "shit." He breathes as his dark eyes scan over my entire body.

Good nerves erupt in my stomach as he drinks me in, slowly walking towards me.

"Do a spin for me baby." He softly demands twirling his finger in the air.

Happily I oblige spinning slowly to show him the whole outfit. It's nothing too fancy, just a simple black dress with a soft sweet heart neck line that hugs my hips and ends just mid thighs. I paired it with my nude pumps I have yet to wear since coming to college. When I finish my slow turn he's right there, his hands on my hips and dark eyes burning with passion.

There's something there that hasn't been there before. Something new in his dark eyes that catches me off guard,

"Hi." I whisper softly to ease the tension in my body.

"Hey beautiful." Dylan reaches up and trails the neckline of my dress, "you look fucking stunning."

"It's not too much?"

Immediately he shakes his head no, "nothing on you is ever too much. Though I have a feeling I'll be threatening some men tonight with their wondering eyes."

I roll mine, "no one will be staring Dylan."

"Everyone will be staring." He insists.

Shaking my head at him I gently kiss him, "it doesn't matter if they're staring at me. I'm going home with you."

Dylan's face lights up, "fuck right you are."

We pull up to this gorgeous looking cottage that's hidden behind beautiful gardens of greenery. Even in the cold, it looks like something straight out of a fairytale.

"Wow." I say in awe, "how'd you hear about this place?" I ask Dylan who looks for a parking spot.

Nervously he looks at me, "I had to ask Rob for a recommendation for dinner. I'm really not one for.... fancy shit." He pulls into an empty spot cutting the engine, "I realized I don't t know what kind of food you like so I kinda hope you like Italian."

My heart strings are pulled in every direction, he's trying so hard, "who doesn't love Italian food?" I smile leaning over to kiss his cheek.

His efforts are not going unnoticed by me. I know he's trying for me, going out of his way to do things out of his comfort zone.

"It better be fucking good. I'm starving." He says as we walk in, Dylan's hand tightly around mine, "huh yeah, we have a reservation." He says when we reach the host.

The inside is just as breath taking as the outside, with low lighting and every table covered in white linen and beautiful flower arrangements in the middle. There's a band towards the front of the restaurant playing soft jazz music that seems to just float through the restaurant. I feel as if we've been transported right to Italy with the wonderful smell coming from the kitchen.

"What's the name?" The gentleman asks Dylan who looks like he feels so out of place.

"O'Brien?" He questions, "Rob Borne called in a favor for us."

"Oh yes, Robert and Mary of course." He grabs two menus, "right this way."

This is so incredibly fancy. Dylan holds my hand tightly as he directs me through the small restaurant. He's wearing some dark jeans sitting low as always on his hips and a black button down that hug his broad shoulders perfectly. I find myself mesmerized by the way he walks, his slow sway and confident stature, it's like he commands the attention of the whole restaurant.