Chapter 21

Justin parks in front of some frat house, people are arriving left and right filing into the house one after another. I jump off and my limbs feel rubbery from the ride but I'm more focused on finding a specific blue jeep that tried chasing me down. I search faces and cars, but I don't find the one I'm desperate to find.

"You alright?" Justin's hand rests on my shoulder and I turn almost startled by the action.

I nod and take the helmet off, "Yeah, I'm fine." I give him the helmet and watch as he hooks it onto his bike. I feel off now, ever since seeing Dylan at the fire. My minds been racing around thoughts about him, my eyes searching frantically for him.

Where is he?

Justin wraps his arm over my shoulder, claiming me as his it feels, "Was it your first time on motorcycle?" he begins guiding me toward the house.

"No, I use to ride with my father." the words I say feel foreign on my lips for some reason. I'm tucked under his arm perfectly but it still doesn't fit right.

"Must of been awhile ago." his hand runs up and down my arm, "You seem a bit frazzled by it." he laughs as we walk up the stairs of the house.

I'm not frazzled by the ride, what has me on edge is the way Dylan looked at me when he saw me on the back of Justin's bike. The look anger and devastation in his eyes is haunting right now, I can still make out the way his hands were tightly clenched at his sides, as if holding back from hitting someone. That is what has me on edge right now.

Loud music surrounds me as I walk into the house, so loud my heart beats to the bass of the song rattling my chest. Just as promised, Justin walks through the house keeping me close at his side. The smell of booze and stale cigarettes invade my senses and start to make me dizzy so I lean closer into Justin, trying to ignore the churning of my stomach.

"Hey man." he half fives a guy as he walks by. "Charlie!" he shouts to another. People and faces blur as we pass them, none are Dylan.

We finally reach the kitchen that is full of people hanging all over each other, some making out in a corner others having what appear to be hilarious conversations. This isn't me, this isn't me, I keep saying as Justin ushers me around.

"Kenny!" Justin cups his hand over his mouth sounding louder than the dub step song that begins to play, "Get your ass over here!" Justin wears a big smile now as a tall guy with a full grown beard approaches us.

"Fuck, if it isn't Bieber himself!" Justin releases me to give Kenny a hug as I hug myself, "Everyone said you showed back up, but I didn't fucking believe it!" Kenny's voice is like a loud thunderous boom every time he speaks.

"And miss a bash? You gotta know me better than that!" Justin exclaims, his arm quickly back around my shoulder.

"Well after you're last beat down, I expected you too be in some hospital." Kenny laughs, but Justin doesn't. His entire body goes tense, his fingers cling to me. Obviously, whatever Kenny decided to bring up, Justin isn't in the mood to talk about it.

"You went down I can't believe you're still standing,  you son of a bitch!" he continues, Justin remains tense next to me. Can't Kenny tell he doesn't want to talk about this? From the cup in Kenny's hand and the way his words slur, he probably doesn't even know what he's talking about.

"Fuck man, the guy took a cheap shot." Justin defends himself, his voice dropping low.

Kenny laughs, "Yeah a cheap shot that dropped your ass out cold." he continues.

Justin pops his neck in irritation. I take control now and pull on Justin's shirt, "I'm thirsty." I say softly.

Relief floods his eyes, "Well what does my lady want?" he pulls me away from Kenny, who doesn't even seem to notice our quick departure.