Chapter 61

"Hey Skylar..." Cher taps on my shoulder, "You ok love?"

I'm quick to wipe at the tears stinging my eyes and turn to face her with a bright smile, "Yeah why wouldn't it be?"

Cher huffs and gives me a sad smile, "You don't have to pretend with me. I know Dylan can be a major fucking ass."

I sigh, "Guess I shouldn't go out for an acting gig any time soon."

"No, I think you should stick to writing."

I give her a weak smile, "I just don't get it... we were fine then the next thing he's blowing up and storming off. Now? He thinks I'm out with Andrew doing god knows what and is blaming me!"

"Do you want to head out?" she asks, "Maybe go see him?"

I contemplate it for a moment then anger takes over, "No way, he can't just yell at me and assume I'm doing something wrong." I state firmly, "He's the one who blew up at me, he can come to me and apologize."

"Well I certainly hope you don't hold your breath on that." Cher mutters.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"I mean...." Cher rolls her eyes, "I just don't see him running back and asking for your forgiveness any time soon."

She simply shrugs then heads back over to our friends who are having a blast bowling. She joins them and immediately has the attention on her with her bright smile and sassy attitude. I was having a great time, my mind wasn't completely consumed with the fight I had with Dylan. Now, I just want to sit in a corner for a damn breather.

This wasn't my fault.

I repeat that over and over to myself as I go to the bathroom to fix my smeared makeup. I just wanted to have something special, something new with Dylan. Show him how enjoyable family holidays can be. Sure fights can happen, but that doesn't mean it's always going to happen. Mom made holidays so special and a big deal I can't see how I can have a relationship with someone who won't even attempt to be apart of my family.

Giving up on my looks I leave the bathroom and run right into Mason.

He laughs, "Ok... I really thought we were passed this."

"Guess we aren't..."

"You ok?" he reaches up and rubs away some dried makeup from under my eye, "You seem a bit.... tense since that phone call."

"I'm fine Mason."

He raises a knowing brow, "Doesn't seem like it. Andrew said the guy went hay wired on the phone when he answered. Was it Dylan?"

"Well maybe Andrew shouldn't be answering my phone."

"Maybe Dylan should be trusting you with other guys."

I glare at him, "He does trust me... he just has a jealousy streak."

"Every guy does. I mean I can't blame him especially with you surrounded by all those guys falling over themselves for your attention."

"Mason they are not falling over themselves for my attention. Maybe Cher's but not mine."

He shakes his head, "You really don't see it do you? Any guy on this campus would break his leg if it meant he'd get a chance for you. Yet somehow you ended up with Dylan."

I sense a bit of bitterness in Mason's tone and I'm starting to think Dylan isn't so wrong about Mason's feelings or intentions towards me, "Dylan isn't as bad as you think he is."

"Yeah, maybe. But if I were him I'd be treating you a lot different that he is right about now. And I definitely wouldn't be home while you went out with a bunch of guys."