Chapter 58

Dylan's POV:

Life has a funny way of working itself out, and yet it also has a funny way of torturing you with things we can not have.

It's mid day and Skylar is sound asleep next to me, her dark hair fanned across my white pillows, my white sheets pulled around under her chin as she has curled herself into the fetal position. I want to take in everything about her. Fuck she's like my drug I can't get enough of, I feel like we're in this bubble right now. That at any moment something or someone will come around and pop it and we will be back to who we really are. Two people fighting to be together but don't belong together. We were up too earlier this morning after I explained my meeting with Nate. She yawned and rested against me asking for me to tell her about my first fight. However, my ego is still bruised after the lose and she was falling asleep.

Nate was fucking right, as always. The fights have changed and I've been out of the damn ring for to long. I reach out and brush her hair back from her pale skin and she gently stirs then relaxes once more.

A smile reaches my  lips, I can't remember the last time I've felt at peace like this. How long will it last this time?

I thought that I had lost her the other night. The thought nearly destroyed me, but it did destroy my damn house. I was so pissed but so... shit I don't even know what I was. I just couldn't shake the unbearable thought of not having Skylar. Even though she'd be right to leave me, I couldn't live with that. She's become my angel and now that I've had her, I can't let her go.

It was like I couldn't breathe, my chest felt like there was a rock on top of it and I couldn't move it. I never thought heart break would create physical pain till it felt like I had been shot in the chest from her words. I always thought guys who couldn't walk away from a girl were weak, that they were fucking pussies. Little did I realize that I would turn into a man who felt as if he couldn't live without just one woman.

Leaning over I kiss Skylar's temple taking in her sweet sent then climb from my bed quietly. I hardly slept a wink last night. It was a dream just having her back in my arms as she slept and I needed to stay awake to remember every moment of it before it all came crashing down.

I pull on my hoodie and slip on my sneakers before walking over to Rob and Mary's house. They're breakfast is long over but they may have some lunch I can give to Skylar. I open the door and walk right in, I never was one for knocking here.

"Mary!" I kick my shoes off, "Rob?"

"In the kitchen Dylan!" Mary calls back to me. "Come on in lunch is almost ready!"

As I walk in through they're living room the smell of fresh garlic and home made bread fill my nose and my stomach growls immediately. In the kitchen Mary is busy finishing up lunch, her baby blue apron wrapped around her and her long red hair pulled back into her signature pony tale.

"Hey Mary," I walk over to her and kiss her cheek, "Where's Rob. His truck isn't out front."

I take a seat at the counter top, "I sent him to pick up some Parmesan cheese for the pasta. So, what brings you over?"

I shrug, "I could smell the garlic from my room so I figured I'd come over and get a free meal." I offer her my cheeky grin as she rolls her eyes at me.

"Should of known, you never stop by anymore just to say hi." she points her fork at me, "But if you want to eat you will have to do something, I'm in the middle of finishing up the meatballs. Could you roll the meat into one inch balls and set them on the pan for the oven?"

"Always putting me to work aren't you?" I tease washing my hands before I start on the cooking.

"I have to keep you out of trouble some how." she begins stirring the pasta, "So.... you got in late last night."