Chapter 6

I think it is safe to say that first day of classes for me did not go as planned at all.

Cher and I ended up staying up till early morning talking about... well everything. From my childhood with my father to her childhood and being raised in England then being brought over here. I actually really miss having 'girl talk'. Though I never really had it growing up, most of my friends turned out to be guys since I hated drama. Most of the time they viewed me as just one of the guys or in the extreme cases, their little sister that they loved torturing.

It was nice to be able to express an emotion and for her to understand what I meant. It was almost refreshing, though it kept me up till three thirty in the morning and I had been planing on waking up at seven. Needless to say I didn't get out of bed on time and ended up running late, something that I didn't want to be doing on my first day of classes.

Of course, Cher was still fast asleep by the time that I booked it out the door. Her classes don't start until noon on Mondays, where as mine begin at nine. I didn't leave the dorms until quarter of, so stopping for a coffee on the way was out of the question. So my first class I probably looked like I hated everything because I need coffee to survive. I can hardly believe I made it through my English literature class without falling asleep, but with some sort of miracle I did.

I didn't talk to anyone, I guess not really knowing anyone on campus doesn't help that at all. But I was in no mood to talk this morning. I was running on about three hours of sleep and my mind has become consumed by what Cher told me about Dylan. The whole 'not thinking' about Dylan hasn't gone as well as I had hoped. If anything everything she told me about him only made me more curious and more interested in him.

I haven't seen him since yesterday when we fell asleep together and I want to keep it that was as long as possible. I have not the slightest idea of how I'd act or what I'd even say to him. And the worse part? He'll probably not say anything and go about being the jerk he has always been to me.

Sitting alone in the large cafe filling with students talking about how their first day of classes went, I sip on my hot coffee trying to get my mind focused. It's no use. Dylan has somehow invaded my entire mind and all logical thoughts. Questions swarm around my head like an angry storm threatening to destroy everything thing in it's path.

Could he really be as horrible as Cher made him out to see?

And if he is, why? What could of happen to him to make him disconnected from emotions? Is that even possible? Was he really just playing some mind manipulating game with me?

Was he already winning at a game I didn't want to play?

I wanted my mind to shut off. These questions have been running through my mind all morning. I rub at my temples, a dull headache crept back even through it never truly went away.

Why me? I ask myself quietly. What was so special with me that he'd even want to play this game with me as Cher put it.

I was so absorbed in these thoughts, I hadn't even realized Logan sit down next to me till he cleared his throat.

"Oh hey" I say painting on a smile

"Hey." he offered his charming smile lighting up his blue eyes, "I wasn't sure if I should sit with you or not. You seem pretty lost in thought sitting here." he light heartily laughed.

It was a nice laugh, one that was contagious. I laughed it off with him, "Just been a long first day." I say vaguely, wrapping my hands around my warm coffee.

"I here yah. Some how I ended up with all hard ass professors that believe in assigning projects on the very first day."

"That sucks!"