Chapter 77

Dylan's POV

I fucking messed up.

All I can fucking remember is red, remember the anger tearing through my body heating me through my core. Then hell tore through my body.

I saw Skylar take off for Natasha and I couldn't get to her fast enough.

I saw that fucking bastard over her ready to hit her and all I saw was red.

The rage in my body consumed me and I became focus on making him feel pain. I wanted him to stop breathing, I wanted to take the breath from his fucking lungs after he dare lay his fucking hands on my Skylar. I couldn't stop, the drive in my blood kept pounding and I needed to cause him pain.

I remember my fathers voice, screaming in my mind to use my anger. Use my anger and finish the bastard off. I blacked out I know that but even now sitting on the cold metal bench in the police station, I'd do it all over again.

When I finally came through he was  unrecognizable, his eyes were swollen shut, his nose broken and his lip split wide open. His blood covered face fell to the side when I released his neck from my hold. My heart beat wildly in my chest and I couldn't breathe. My vision took a moment to come into focus, I swear I could hear my own blood pumping through my veins. My entire body shook as my ears rung, everything around me seemed like a million miles away. I slumped back onto my feet and looked over to see Skylar.

I swear, my heart stopped beating.

She's not moving.... fuck!

I scramble to her and cradled her into my arms. I didn't care what came next I just needed her to open her eyes. Just look up at me.

"Baby.... baby please don't leave me.... Skylar you have to wake up!" I remember shouting.

There's no blood but she's laying lifeless in my arms, so small and fragile. Fuck! I'm suppose to protect her and I can't even get that fucking right! Tears start falling from my eyes as I beg her to wake up.

Suddenly reality rushed back in like a tornado, ripping me from her. There were blue and red lights bouncing all around us and someone was gripping my arms pulling me away from her. I remember shouting at them, telling them to help her. Next thing I know, I have some bastards knee in my back with my face smashed against the pavement and cold handcuffs were being enclosed around my wrists as someone starts reading me my rights. I laid on the ground motionless with tears in my eyes as EMTs huddled around Skylar. I don't remember if I was screaming out loud or not but all remember is repeating over and over again how much I need her.

"O'Brien!"

I snap back to myself, sitting in a cold dimly lit cell, when the arresting officer stands in front of the steal bars.

"Your one lucky son of a bitch you know that?" He asks unlocking the cell, right, lucky, "you got a pretty damn good lawyer."

I furrow my brows, "I don't have a lawyer."

I step from the cell and see just who he means, "well, hello there Mr. O'Brien. Id love to say this is shocking to see you here but I'd be lying." Skylar's aunt stands before me and I swear someone up stairs is laughing at my pathetic life, "thank you officer Clark. I can handle my client from here."

The officer smiles at her and then leaves us be, "why are you here?" I ask her, rubbing the area on my wrists that was left raw from the cuffs. That mother fucker put them on too tight.

"I think the words you are looking for are thank and you." She crosses her arms over her chest, "you got yourself into a world of trouble."

I eye her, "yeah well, haven't you heard, my middle names trouble." I say sarcastically.