Chapter 81

Skylar's POV:

Flipping the open sign to closed, I look out and see Dylan's Jeep parked across the street. I sigh deeply, I knew he'd show up. I knew I wouldn't be able to avoid him for much longer, I just need space for some sort of clarity. It feels like the last few weeks have just been one thing after another and I just need a break from it.

I take my time closing up and cleaning, waiting for Dylan to come bang on the door like his normal impatient self but he never does. I shut off the lights and make my way to his Jeep after locking up. He leans over and opens the door letting me climb into the warm can where Yellow Card plays quietly.

"I won't lie, I was expecting a fight to get your into the Jeep." He finally says a few minutes down the road.

"I would of lost that battle." I tell him earning a small smile from him, "I'm sorry about earlier I'm just... over whelmed from everything I guess."

"It's fine. It's been a long-"

"Month." I mumble as I settle back into the seat.

"Yeah..."

Dylan and I remain silent as he makes the drive back towards campus now, all I'm looking forward to is a warm shower and watching some Netflix in my bed before passing out. Neither one of us mentions Dylan's proposal from earlier and I'm thankful for that, I don't know where to go from here. The Jeep is filled with tension but I ignore it, leaning my head against the cool window. Watching as the darkened city zips past the window I focus on breathing, I'll be back at the dorm soon enough. Closing my eyes I let the soft vibration of the car lull me into a rest before drifting off once I realize just how exhausted I really am.

The slamming of a car door startles me and I sit up abruptly. My eyes adjust as Dylan walks around the front of the Jeep and comes to my door, opening it.

His dark eyes are on me, watching and waiting for my next move.

"Why are we at your apartment?"

"I told you, you need to stay with me for a little." He states matter of factly.

My mouth drops, "Dylan I told you no. Bring me to the dorms, now." I repeat with the same mater of fact tone he used with me.

"Can't do that." He stalks away and towards his apartment.

"Excuse me? Why can't you?" I call after him.

He unlocks his door, "because all of your things are here." He says so nonchalantly before walking through the door without another word.

Anger rips through me like a tornado. I climb from the seat and slam the door behind me so loudly it rattles as I stomp my way into the apartment, "what did you say?" I shout now slamming the door shut.

Dylan walks out of the kitchen with a bottle of water pressed to his lips, "your stuff is here." He says.

I look at him in disbelief, "you aren't serious." I kick my shoes off and run up the stairs to see, yes, Dylan was more than serious. There's a new dresser I haven't seen before and when I open the drawers, their filled with my clothing.

Tears sting my eyes, but I suck them back in as I hear his footsteps ascending up the stairs, I can hardly catch my breath I'm so frustrated with his actions right now.

"I get that your mad, Skylar, but this is going to be for the be-"

"Mad." I turn to face him and he startles backwards, "I'm so beyond mad I can't even think of a word to describe how I'm feeling right now! You took my belongings from my room and moved them without permission! How dare you! Do you not understand how wrong that is Dylan? The invasion of privacy I feel now?"