Chapter 47

Dylan's Pov:

Do you ever have those days when you just fucking hate yourself? Well, I fucking hate myself.

After last night with Skylar, I thought maybe my demons would leave us alone. But, like usual, I fucked up everything beyond belief and now Skylar is mixed up in it as well. I still feel like I had this morning, paralyzed and unable to breath. The moment my phone began ringing I felt my heart slam against my chest. When I saw his number flash on my screen I felt like I'd been sucker punched in the stomach and couldn't catch my breath. In fact, it still feels like I'm on pause, that none of this is real and I'll eventually wake up in Skylar's bed.

Once I saw his number I went into panic mood, grabbed all my shit and got out of there. How fucking stupid can I be? I should of never gone to her dorm, should of never touched her or let her touch me because now all is going to go straight to hell. Then on top of that, I just up and left. Even after everything was said and done, I still fucking ran like a coward, I'm still the bastard who doesn't deserve a girl like Skylar.

How could I treat her like that?

The fucked up part is that I wanted to leave, I wanted to get out of there because as much as I didn't want it too, last night meant way too much too me. It meant more to me than it should, made me feel things that need to stay buried where they are. It scared the damn shit out of me and I ran.

Running, it's what I'm good at.

I should of ran in the beginning, kept her away from me. But, I've been selfish and had a taste of her, now I want more. Crave more and more with each touch, it's like a hunger that I can't satisfy unless it's her. Yet, just when I think we've made it out of the dark, my demons come back to destroy any light in my life.

"... the fuck you think you're doing?"

"It's called fucking fighting you little shit!"

My mind is interrupted by a fight breaking out on the mats, I cue in just in time to see Thompson rush at Williams and knock him clean to the mat, "You fucking asshole, you hit like a little girl!"

"Hey!" I shout dropping my voice, watching as Thompson gets on top of Williams pinning him down. "Who gave either of you the right to swear in my gym?"

"I'm going to fuck your face up!" Thompson yells, throwing a right hook into Williams's jaw.

I groan, at least twice a week since he got here a month ago he starts a fight with someone. I won't lie, he's a good fighter, knows how to throw his punches and hold his guard but he acts to much with rage which is exactly what will be his downfall.

Kids start gathering around the mat and I stand back watching, seeing what Williams does. He holds up both hands blocking Thompson's punches waiting patiently for when Thompson starts getting sloppy and doesn't pay attention. Suddenly Thompson does something I've never seen him do, he wraps his hand around Williams's neck, chock holding him down as he throws countless fists.

Shit. "Thompson, get your shit together!" I yell walking towards the mats.

The other kids begin clearing the area as I approach, their eyes wide with anticipation, "Break it up!" my voice booms around the gym. I grip Thompson around the chest and throw him up and over myself causing him to land flat on his stomach with a loud thud.

The gym falls silent and everyone watches us closely. Thompson swears then pushes himself to his feet, I can see the anger in his eyes as he looks blindly at me. He steps forward with his right foot his easy tall tale sign he's about to throw a punch, this kid doesn't stop! He goes to throw a right hook at me, I'm already ducking though and he punches the air with all his force just as I throw my shoulder into his gut and knock him to the ground... again.