Chapter 64

Skylar's POV:

Smoothing my hands over my dark curls may help smooth the few fly aways but not the nerves dancing around in my stomach. Today was the day of my interview for my potential internship. I hardly slept last night, ignoring the fact that Dylan and I were up half the night exploring each other's bodies. It was slow going and filled with many uncertain touches and glances before I finally relaxed. I could tell he was holding back, even still he followed my moves and didn't push no further than what I could mentally handle.

The last few days were like walking on glass. It was slow and easy but the tension between us was hard to miss. Like at any moment, one of us would make the wrong move and everything would completely crumble around us. I know this will be a slow process of healing and forgiveness but I know we can make it through this mess.

Dylan went through and blocked Olivia on every social media platform he had, even if he didn't use it, and blocked her number in his phone. Sure it quieted my insecurities of him running if we fought once again but now every time I sense the smallest bit of an argument it's like I shut down.

Afraid of who he may run to this time.

"Could you help me with my necklace?" I ask Dylan who's sitting on my bed typing away on his phone.

"Yeah..." he muttered not moving.

I picked up the rose gold multi-layered necklace I bought the other day. Dylan offered to drive me to the mall and helped pick out an outfit for today. To my surprise, there was little complaint from him while I tried on outfit after outfit for hours on end. I only had to shove him out of the dressing room a handful of times, which should be a record for him. I finally decided on a pair of high-waist black straight legged slacks and a simple white long sleeved blouse. Dylan picked out the necklace saying it'd add to the outfit.

"Hey..." I get his attention standing in front of him holding out the necklace.

He locked his phone and put it upside down on my night stand before standing up, I hate how I pick up on the smallest things now.

I turn around and bunch my hair up so he can put the necklace on, just the smallest brush of his finger tips set my skin on fire, "I'm not texting a girl..." he whispered just before letting the cool necklace fall into place, leaving  a warm kiss to the back of my neck.

My eyes fluttered closed, "Who is it then?"

Dylan continued peppering soft kisses to my skin, "No one you have to worry about..." he wrapped his arm around my stomach pulling me against his solid body.

He grinds his hips against my backside and groans into my ear, "You sure we don't have a few minutes to spare?" his voice drips with desire as he continues rubbing his straining length against my back side.

I contemplate it for a moment, feeling a deep desire forming between my legs. My head rolls to his shoulder, "You know if you were wearing a dress I could just easily..." his words trailed off as his hand trailed down between my legs palming my sex under my pants.

A soft moan falls from my parted lips, "Your thinking about it aren't you...." I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I can't lie... I was. Due to my need to always be early I had made a half hour buffer for time depending on traffic or.... Dylan's relentless temptation to help me relax before my interview.  A text alert on his phone pulled me from my hypnosis and I slip from his embrace, "Stop trying to distract me." I smile at him as I grab my purse and my portfolio. I spent hours putting together my best work from the last two years.

Dylan slid his phone into his pocket without checking the text. Que the nervous bubbles. He smiled at me, "You look gorgeous..." his eyes wandered slowly down my body before meeting mine again with that same flame of desire dancing in them.