Chapter 23

*WARNING* This chapter contains adult content and graphic sexual scenes, read at your own risk

"You want me?" his voice is soft.

I've seen this side of him before. The night he took me to his secret spot, the night he showed me a part of him I didn't know existed before then. He was letting his walls collapse again, and I know I have to be careful. His walls are built faster than they fall.

"Isn't it obvious?" I ask, "I keep coming back even after all the times you've hurt me or made me feel worthless."

I licks his lips, his eyes becoming lost in emotion, "I never meant to do that. I never wanted to hurt you."

"Then why push me away, why won't you let me get close to you?" I beg him for an answer, anything to satisfy this hunger I have for knowing Dylan.

He shakes his head, a hand running through his messy hair. "I was trying to protect you. Because..." he begins, take a breath, "I can't give you what you want."

There's that sorry excuse again, but I'm not excepting it this time. "I just told you, I want you." I say with more force this time. Now that I've admitted it once to him, it's easier saying it now.

"No you don't." he's loosing the confidence he's always had with me, "You want some prince charming. It's what you deserve."

"You don't get to tell me what I want Dylan."

"I'm not good for you." it looks in pain admitting this to me. Something I already know deep down but I refuse to listen to it.

"You don't get to decide that for me. I'm a big girl. I'll make my own decisions."

Dylan just stays quiet, shaking his head in disagreement to me. Of course he won't comply. Once again it isn't going his way, and he doesn't like that. But I'm not one who let's people make my decisions. Even if it's Dylan, he's not making this one for me.

"What do you want from me Dylan?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Don't give me that. I'm sick of hearing that." he looks at me seeming startled by my commanding tone, "Tell me what you want." I push him.

That's all it takes. He pushes himself off the railing and walks to the end of his bed, "You want to know what I want?" his voice drops low.

I shake my head yes, watching him closely. Watching as he takes control back. He grips his blankets and pulls them from my grip, throwing them to the floor. The only protection I had from his piercing glare. The tables have turned and now Dylan has all the power. I can see it in his eyes, and there's no turning back now.

"I want you." he grips my ankle in his hand and pulls me swiftly towards him. I fall back against the bed even before I realize what is going on, "I've wanted you from the day I saw you." his voice sets me on edge.

He's kneeling on the bed now, I dip under his weight. His eyes look over my slowly, and my heart races with anticipation, "Is that what you wanted to hear?" his low tone sends shivers up my spine, a reaction all new to me and I'm loving it.

He leans down over me, our bodies don't touch and I'm aching for them too. My heart beats faster as he gets closer to him, the warmth between us setting me on fire as the amber in my core craves to be ignited by his touch. He places his arms at the side of my head, his body only inches from mine. It takes all my self control not to reach up and touch him. My eyes stare into his, dark and full of a heated passion I want to answer to.

"You know what I think?" he whispers, my fingers itch to touch him.

"Wh-what?" my breath is gone and he hasn't even kissed me yet. My eyes drop to his wet lips, lips I so desperately want against mine, claiming me as his.