Chapter 22

I awake to the sounds of footsteps around my bed, I roll over and pull my blanket up over my head. It must be really late in the morning if Cher is already awake and functioning. Normally, I'm the first one up and out the door even before her alarm goes off. I take in a deep breath trying to calm myself from the nightmare I was in just moments before. I'm surrounded by an intoxicating scent, sweet and musky. My body begins to relax, for some reason my blanket smells just like Dylan and I love it.

Dylan! 

My eyes open quickly and I sit up, I'm not in my dorm, these aren't my blankets or pillows and what I wish was a nightmare really happened. Near the stairs I can see the outline of Dylan's form walking away.

"Dy-Dylan?" my voice barely comes out, my throat dry from sleep.

"You're awake?" he turns towards me and leans against the railing, the only thing keeping him from falling backwards.

I nod, "Just woke up."

"I didn't mean to wake you," his voice is low, like he's trying to whisper, "I was just leaving you some pain reliever and water." he points towards the night stand next to his bed.

At the mention of pain reliever, my head begins to throb, my body feeling weak and dizzy. My mind plays back over the past three hours. The bond fire... Riding on the back of Justin's motorcycle.... The party and drinks... Kissing Justin... Then lastly Dylan. Somehow my life had taken a sharp turn and became a soap opera.  When had I lost control of my life?

"Thanks." I lean over and take two pills, the pain being to strong to ignore. Dylan watches me intently as I do, analyzing every moment.

He's definitely done this before. This probably isn't the first time he's dealt with something like this, taking care of some drunk girl in his bed. My chest aches with the thought of just how many girls he's done this with before. I'm not the first, and I won't be the last.

I choose to ignore those horrible thoughts, "What time is it?"

"It's three in the morning."

I rub my temples, I only slept about two hours. No wonder I feel horrible. Dylan doesn't even look like he's slept at all. Dark circles have formed under his eyes and his hair is a mess, like he hasn't brushed it in days. He probably won't sleep tonight, especially if I'm in his bed.

"The headache will go away soon, I don't think you drank anything to hard." he breaks our silence.

Memories of Justin handing me drink after drink flashes in my mind, it was some fruity smelling that burnt all the way down to my stomach. Whatever he game me was strong enough to make me feel like the entire room was spinning.

Dylan watches me in silence, his eyes trailing over my body. I'm still in Cher's clothing thank goodness, but even still with his intense stare I feel completely exposed. I take his blankets and wrap them around me for some sort of protection. How did I end up here, I know he told me he was bringing me here. But why? Why not bring me back to the dorm, get me out of his hands so he wouldn't have to deal with me?

This was probably just another way for him to mess with my head, to get under my skin. He didn't get his way earlier at the cafe and this is his way of getting back at me.

My eyes begin to adjust to the dark and I can make out the intense look of contemplation on Dylan's face. His eyes narrow, the crease between his brows form as he buries his hands deep into the pockets of his basket ball shorts. Something is definitely weighing on his mind.

"Dylan, wh-"

"What the fuck where you doing with Justin?" he rasps in a angry voice.

I'm stunned speechless, where had that come from? He continues to watch me, waiting for an explanation to his question. Even with his blankets wrapped tightly around me, I feel utterly vulnerable and exposed to him. Something that happens all to often when it comes to him.