Chapter 75

Dylan's POV:

I pull up to a house that seems entirely too large for only one person to live in and cut my engine. Every one thought it was a shit show they're about to get a surprise with me showing up. The anger  coursing through my veins is enough to put someone on life support. Skylar has told me some of her and her shit bag of a fathers relation, enough for me to realize he's a worthless piece of shit.

The lights are all on inside as I walk up the main entrance checking the front door that's unlocked I let myself in graciously.

"Don't sit there and tell me how to handle this situation!" A man from somewhere in the house yells, his voice booming off the high ceilings, "she's acting like a child! Just like she always has when she doesn't like what I have to say!"

My veins tick with anger as a I walk further into the house, "Do you have any idea what a massive asshole you are?" A woman's voice responds, "you have treated her like some sort of plague ever since her accident! No wonder she's chosen to leave home!"

"She left because you gave her some fantasy idea about going off and finding herself! We were fine before you came and stuck your nose into our business!"

What the fuck is going on? 

Suddenly some guy comes jogging down the stairs dressed in all black, what the fuck? Did he just come from a GQ modeling shoot? Who the hell actually dresses like that?

He pauses the moment he sees me, "who are you?"

"Where's Skylar?" I ask ignoring his question.

He nods his head like he's figured out for himself who I am, "right you must be the famous Dylan I've heard all about."

My ears perk up as my jealousy flares red hot, "where the fuck is Skylar?" I ask through gritted teeth.

GQ model comes down the rest of the stairs, "hasn't come home yet, I'm Shawn by the way." He extends a hand towards me.

I  glower  at his Jester, "this isn't her fucking home."

".... she's nineteen for Christ sakes John and you were treating her like she was a nine year old little girl! She's needs to be on her own, she needed a life outside her moms car accident." The shouting continues. "She needs to figure out who she is and the best way to do that is to live! To have experiences and make memories! Not live under your thumb for the rest of her life!" the woman's voice raises.

"This is getting old real quick," the GQ model speaks, "they've been at it for hours now."

"Has anyone even tried to find Skylar?" I ask realizing how messed up this whole situation is,

It's completely dark outside and the temperature is dropping tonight and no one has even tried to find Skylar who took off without her phone. Is everyone in this house a fucking moron? I pop my neck as tension builds.

"I think they're waiting her out."

"Look what the cat dragged in." I turn to see Brenton coming down a side hall, "nice of you to show up finally."

I glare at him, he really is looking Gomes's up the fucking smirk of his, "I don't have time to play your games." I address him even though I much rather beat his face in, "why is no one out looking for her? It's fucking freezing out!" My voice booms.

"Skylar isn't stupid, she'll come home when she's good and ready."

I scowl at Brenton, there's that damn phrase again. This isn't her fucking home and it never will be. "Have you even tried looking for her?"