Chapter 97

Authors Note:
Heeeellooooo! So sorry for how long it's been! I wrote the entire chapter and ended up hating it! So I had to rewrite it, hopefully it does it justice! Also! I had an idea, I have a play list I listen to while writing this book. Is that something you friends would like to see?? Let me know!
Xoxo Em

Skylar's POV

"I don't know. She's been asleep all night."

Surprise Mason, I'm not asleep. In fact, he doesn't know this but I've been awake this whole time staring at the wall unable to do anything but.... Stare.

One of his roommates came home and was freaked out for a moment. Telling him Dylan was going to murder him if he found out. Well, thats if Dylan figures out where I am. Mason convinced him to leave for the night so I could "break down" in peace.

Should of thought of that before I had a full on psychotic episode in the parking lot. After I finally came through, I stopped talking. My whole body felt like it just.... Stopped.

Is that possible?

I have no more words, I have no more fight in me.

Mason convinced me to come back with him for now and just rest. To my fortune he was going to study with one of his lab partners when he ran into me.

Yeah. Right. Lucky me.

".... I don't know what to do." I can hear his footsteps pacing, "I don't even know if she has classes."

Classes?

That's what he's worried about?

Who cares!

Who cares about grades? Or classes? Or anything!

The man I gave everything to, never cared for me.

The image of him in her bed sends my stomach into knots again. I want to cry but I refuse. Or maybe I can't anymore.

Rolling over I look over at Mason and his eyes widen, "I gotta go. Skylar's awake."

He hangs up and walks right to me, "hey, did I wake you?"

I shake my head. Sitting up I find my phone under the covers. I turned it off on the way over. When Dylan comes out of his .... Whatever the hell made him do what he did, I know the first thing he'll do is try to track me.

Try it.

I dare you.

"Do you... do you need anything?" Mason asks, acting like I'm some rabid animal ready to pounce on him,

"Water," I state softly.

"Water, right we have that."

He goes to they're mini fridge and grabs a water, "here you go."

Taking it, I think I give a smile but I really can't tell. Mason watches me take a few sips. I can tell he has no idea what to do, he's watching me like I'm about to have another break down.

I don't think I even have the strength for that.

This is something you never read about in fairytales. The physical agony you feel from betrayal, the churning in your stomach, how you entire body feels like it's been hit by a truck and all you can do is... sit. Because your trapped inside this body that feels utterly....

Shattered.

"So uhm...." Mason begins, "I'm not really sure-"

"Mason you don't have to." I interrupt him, "this has nothing to do with you."