Chapter 28

Loud banging breaks through my deep sleep. With each bang on the door, my head feels it. I groan putting a pillow over my head trying to make it stop. My head throbs some more as the banging doesn't stop. Someone needs to make the banging stop.

"SKYLAR!" I can hear my name being yelled from the other side of the door over the loud banging.

I mumble something under my breath, trying to tell whoever it is yelling for me to stop, to go away, yet my mouth is to dry to form any word. If they wake up Cher, they can deal with her hatefulness. One of the first things I learned about her, she hates mornings.

"What the fuck?" I hear Cher groan under her mound of blankets.

Oh just wonderful, whoever is at the door woke Cher, now all hell is going to break loose. "SKYLAR!" they yell yet again, banging louder if possible. Or, maybe that's just my throbbing head playing mind games. Groaning, I roll over and am hit with a wave of nausea, my stomach churning with any small movement I make. I grab my head applying pressure, trying to make the pain subside. I can't remember most of last night, except the burning amber liquid I kept drinking till everything blurred together in my mind. Now I'm paying for that choose.

More banging on the door, "That's fucking it!" I hear Cher jump from her bed, and angrily pad over to open our door.

"Who the fuck do you thi-"

"Oh shut up!" I hear a female voice, sounding angry, "Where's Skylar?"

I sit up slowing at hearing the person say my name, trying desperately not to anger my headache further. Cher's standing in the door way with her arms crossed over her chest, hair tossed in every direction, she's blocking whoever was banging on the door. My head is pounding as I relax on my elbows, squinting my eyes trying to block out the sunlight that is burning my eyes.

"And who are you?" Cher asks the mystery guest.

"God, all you college kids are the same." I watch as Cher is shoved quickly to the side and Erica walks right pasted her, red curls pulled up into a messy pony tail. She stomps angrily into the room, her angry glare set on me, "Enjoying you're little nap?" she snaps at me.

I blink in confusion, why is she even here? How'd she figure out which dorm is mine? Cher stands behind her looking for some sort of explanation. I look between the two angry girls, confused beyond all belief.

"So, are you going to tell me who the hell you are, or am I going to have to drag your ass out of my room myself?" Cher asks Erica.

Erica looks at Cher and sighs frustratingly, "I'm Erica," she speaks with gritted teeth staring at me,  "Skylar's co-worker."

My eyes widen instantly, I have work today. "Oh no!" I gasp, searching for my phone frantically as my head begs me to stop.

"Oh, now she gets it." Erica chuckles throwing her hands up in the air.

"Okay, Erica, can you explain why the hell you're here and why you found it necessary to bang on our dorm room?" Cher gives her the 3rd degree of questioning. She is someone who you shouldn't mess with when she first wakes up. Especially if you are the one who woke her up.

I find my phone buried under my blankets, "Oh goodness." I smack myself on the forehead seeing the time. I missed my shift completely.

"Yeah, a little late for your shift sweetie?" Erica mocks me.

"You missed work?" Cher gapes at me with eyes filled with disbelief. Even she knows how punctual I am, something like this is unheard of form me.

I look to Erica, who wears an annoyed smirk, "What did Jeanie say?" I asked her.