Chapter 14

After a very long day, I push open the door of my room, "Hey Cher." 

Cher sits on her bed Indian style, her dark hair tied up in a messy bun and she's already in her pajamas. Which for me is normal, it's almost ten o'clock, but for Cher that is not normal. Usually when I got back from work she was just getting ready to leave for some party or a night out.

"Hello." she says somberly, not even looking up at me.

"Is everything ok?" I ask pulling my own pajamas out of my dresser.

"Yeah."

"Because that sounded so convincing." I say, calling her bluff.

Though I've only known Cher for a few weeks, I've come to know that she can not hide her feelings at all. I know she tries, but it shows in how she holds herself, her normal confidence and head strong self looks weak and breakable.

"How was work?"

I pull my long hair up into a high pony tail, "It was great. People came, they bought coffee, they read their newspapers then left. Now back to you. What's going on?" I sit down at the end of her bed making a point of causing the entire bed to bounce.

Cher gives me a narrow glare, her first warning, "Nothing. I'm fine." She wants me to drop it, too bad.

"Did you know that's the number one lie for woman?" I say jokingly, who really knows what the number one lie is.

"Interesting."

"Okay, I'm going to shower since I smell like doughnuts and coffee, and when I get back you better be in a cheeky mood or I'm dragging you British bum down to the cafe for a chocolate cream pie slice."

A small smile forms on her lips and she tries to hide it with her evil glare, but it doesn't work. She is a sucker when it come to that chocolate cream pie. I grab my things, give Cher one last chance, then head to the showers. I know there is something on her mind, that's a dead give away, and though we aren't really close friends I know she needs someone to talk to. I've talked to her here and there but nothing to serious, well except our talk about Dylan.

I mentally stop myself, I will not allow my mind to go down that path anymore. Work has Been extremely busy and that helpes me out. I've been writing all my papers in the little down time I've had and so far it's worked. It's been a week of Dylan free incidences and I've only thought about him a handful of times.

Believe me or not... that's progress.

To quickly my shower runs out of hot water and I'm forced to go back to my dorm. Cher hasn't moved, however there is an opened bag of chips next to her. Progress.

"Hey!" I say as cheerful as I can be. "How we doing?" I take my seat right at the end of her bed.

"Fine." she grunts through a mouth full of half chewed chips.

"Liar. Okay, get up." I pat her leg to encourage her, "Get your sweater or whatever and come with me."

Cher doesn't budge, just stays Indian style on her bed munching on her chips. "Cher, let's go." I put my own hoodie on, ever since the incident with Dylan, I will not leave my dorm in pajamas without a sweater of some sort.

She groans at me, "Fine." I say stubbornly and take her chips away.

"No!" she whines in protest, trying to give me the pouted lip to earn them back,

"Not going to work. Get out of bed." I warn her.

"Give me my chips." she protests, crossing her arms over her chest. "Then I'll get up."