Chapter 80

Skylar's POV

It's Monday morning, which means back to reality.

After my wonderful breakdown in Rob's kitchen over the weekend, everyone seems to be tiptoeing around me which is only driving me more insane. My last true anxiety attack was probably years ago. I got better with managing my anxiety attacks once I was in therapy. Learning my triggers and learning how to ground myself. This past weekend was all new to me, it was like I couldn't find my control.

All I can keep thinking about is Dylan's safety and how this is all my fault. If I had minded my own business, Dylan wouldn't be a sought after target. What pisses me off more, was that he didn't even tell me.

"You ready?" Dylan appears next to me.

"Yeah."

I climb from the bar stool and head to grab my coat and shoes. I've been staying with Dylan, Mainly since I knew if I fought him on leaving, Id be on the loosing end. Of course I want to stay with him, I just don't want him to baby me.

"You know... you could just stay home for today." He comes up behind me, "you've had a long weekend."

I roll my eyes, "Dylan, I'm fine." I say curtly.

"I'm not saying your not. Just that, I don't want you more stressed out. Plus your still suffering from your concussion and maybe staying in one more-"

"I said I'm fine!" I shout at him. When I turn to look at him, his brows are furrowed together, it's not like me to snap so easily, "I just want to get back to life again. Okay?"

"Fine."

I follow him to his Jeep that's already running to warm up and climb in after he opens the door for me. The ride to campus is awkward and quiet. He stops to order my coffee and forces me to eat something so I can take some pain medication. My word, Id like my boyfriend back please. When he finally parks outside the English building, I climb out and slam his door shut. It's a bit aggressive but I'm on edge and can't seem to come down from it.

"Your little attitude is really pissing me off." He says appearing next to me.

"Then here's a thought leave me alone."

I come to an abrupt stop when he steps in front of me, nostrils flaring and I can see his jaw is tense, "I'm not leaving you the fuck alone got it? I'm not fucking leaving. I get you've been having a hard time, shit this whole week has been one big shit show. But get it through your attitude that I'm not leaving. Now can you please just hold my fucking hand and let me walk you to your first class?"

I roll my eyes but my guard is cracked a bit by his pleading dark eyes, "how long will you baby me for?"

He smirks at me stepping to me to kiss my forehead, "till you loose this damn attitude."

He reaches down and takes my hand. I let him, enjoying the comfort of having him near to me. I know I'm in an awful mood and the moment he isn't by my side I'll begin to spiral once again. My mind will begin to worry whether he's being jumped or not. I'll be holding my breath until I see him in an hour. He brings my hand to his lips and kisses the back of it softly. It's so unlike him to be this affectionate in public, but maybe just maybe he doesn't want to leave my side either.

"Can you answer me one question?" I ask as we reach my first class.

"Sure."

"There was never going to be a trial, was there?"

His face falls, his shoulders slump, "You already know the answer to that."

"Of course, just another thing you hid from me." I spit bitterly at him to prove my point.