Prologue

When you become addicted to something, to anything really, your whole life begins to revolve around that one thing. Everything slowly fades into the background, loses it's importance. Your addiction slowly takes over every facet of your life, gaining power over you. Becoming solely focused on getting your next fix, you do what ever it takes. But, is it possible to become addicted to another human? To feel so utterly addicted to another person, so desperately dependent on them, that you are willing to do anything, no matter the cost to have them?

It's just one more hit.... right?

How far would you go for your next fix?

Into:

        I had everything I could possibly want.  Nothing could stop me from taking on the world head first, nothing stood in my way now. The only thing I've ever wanted was just brushing the tips of my fingers. Then suddenly, everything came crashing down around me. My once in order world began spiraling out of orbit. The space between myself and my life seemed to grow with every waking moment. My life slipping through the spaces of my out reached hands.

How'd this happen?

How'd I become this crazed girl, who lost all control of her life?

When did I loose the power of my own life, feeling all my energy draining slowly from me?

When'd I give up on following my dreams?

I'll tell you when.... the moment I allowed myself to drown in the depths of his deep brown eyes slowly loosing my grip of reality. When his voice became the only sound in my thoughts, slowly taking over me.

But I promise you this....  just one more time then I'll give him up.

        I knew from the moment I saw her, the moment those storming blue eyes met my own, that she could save me from myself. But I also knew this.... I would destroy her.

I knew I had to stay away from her, but with each passing moment I stayed away I felt the ache to touch her, just one last time, building up inside of me threatening to swallow me whole. Interrupting every moment of my day, every dream. But with each touch, I could see what I was doing to her. I could see the light of her eyes dimming, I could see the spark that once laced every action, every word that slipped from her pink lips, slowly dying.

I knew I was slowly destroying her, but it was just one last time.

How many times is the last time? .......