Chapter 24

I wake up to the sun shining bright in my eyes and an empty bed. Where was Dylan? I sit up, listening for any sounds, the apartment is completely silent. Next to me, the blankets are rumpled, pillows are thrown on the floor, evidence that Dylan had slept with me and it wasn't some twisted dream. I fall back to the bed, I can't get my head straight. One moment Dylan is pushing me away the next moment he's kissing me and begging to touch me. Even though he's sent me on an emotional roller coaster,  something shifted between us last night. I can't explain what it was that I felt, if it was good or bad, but I know I feet it. Something is different between Dylan and I now, I just hope it's for the best.

I force myself to leave the comforts of his bed and begin making it. I've only been here twice but from what I've seen Dylan keeps his apartment spotless. It's pretty much bare, no pictures that I've seen and everything looks brand new. I find it unusual, I mean I even have a few pictures of me and my aunt on my night stand back in my dorm. If I had my own apartment, it'd be filled with family pictures and memories.

Thinking about why his apartment is bare adds to the ever growing mystery that is Dylan, one I wasn't going to be digging up any time soon. Reluctantly, I strip from his clothing and change into mine, well Cher's. Not nearly as comfortable as Dylan's, but if he was gone I will have a very long walk back that I need to start on. My heart sinks thinking about whether he really did leave or not. I was hoping to wake up to him still holding me, but it was a hopeless thought.

"Dylan?" I call out reaching the bottom stair.

Still nothing. He was gone, and I was left walking back to campus. I'd gotten my hopes up just to have them come crashing down. I guess nothing changed betwe-

"Hey." Dylan opens the front door, a bag of groceries in his hand.

"Hi." I say, sounding just as surprised as I feel.

Taking his shoes off at the door he brings the bag to the kitchen area, "When did you wake up?" he asks beginning to put away the food.

"About ten minutes ago..." I go to the kitchen, "Do you need help?"

He shakes his head no, "I ran out of coffee so I went...." he pauses, his eyes quickly scanning over me.  "are you leaving?" he asks, his eyes fill with confusion as his brows knit together.

"I was going to." I admit, taking the coffee creamer from his hand, "I thought you had left me here and I have work in a few hours."

"You wouldn't of made it back to campus." he chuckles and take the coffee creamer back, putting it in the fridge.

I gasp in offense, "Oh yeah? And how are you so sure of yourself?"

He turns quickly, an evil smirk on his lips. He has something planned and I'm in his line of fire, "Dyla-"

My words go unfinished as he comes at me wrapping his hands under my thighs, lifting me into the air, "Dylan!" I shout, giggling as I'm thrown effortlessly over his shoulders.

"Are you being a smart ass?" he slaps my butt leaving the kitchen.

"Hey!" I kick in protest, who was this Dylan? Once again he slaps my butt laughing as he did so, "What was that one for?" I laugh gripping onto the hem of his shirt.

"For making that smart ass comment." he throws me over his shoulder while I still hold onto his shirt. It rips over his head just as I hit his couch in a fit of giggles.

Dylan stands above, clearly trying to catch his breath, even after seeing him shirtless last night I'm still stunned at how gorgeous he is. From the messy dark hair down to the trail of hair leading under the hem of his boxers. But something else catches my eye, across his right chest muscle is a long jagged scar I never noticed.