Chapter 84

Authors Note:

It wouldn't let me link the song for this chapter, but I couldn't stop listening to Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade. I think it fits perfectly with it!

Skylars POV:

My eyelids crack open to see the light of morning streaming through the window just as my head begins to throb. Closing my eyes tightly willing the throbbing to stop, I roll over in bed under the weight of Dylan's arm. It's a daily routine at this point. I've come to realize that no matter where I lay in his bed, or how I'm laying, he will always drop his arm over me. Like he's almost afraid that if he isn't holding me, I'll run away in the middle of the night. Forcing myself up onto my elbows, his arm falls to my lap and I groan from the slight throbbing behind my eyes.

The headache is no doubt a wonderful side effect of the few too many tequila based drinks I drank last night.

Robbing at my temples, Dylan snoring slightly next to me, his lips parted slightly and his dark hair mused in all directions, memories of last night come back as I see the raised pink lines down Dylan's back.

My cheeks flush, he was very much appreciative of me calling to come home and he made sure I knew it. From the moment I begged him to pull over on the side of the road, to the three times he made me cry out his name in our bed. I wasn't upset that I skipped out on the sleep over.

My head throbs increase when my blaring ringtone sounds causing Dylan to stir next to me. I reach for my phone and curse when I see my fathers name across the screen.

It's never a good sign when he calls me first.

There's a million things rushing through my mind right now as I crawl from under Dylan's arm and answer the call with a slight prayer.

"Hello?"

"Skylar." He greets in a short tone, "is there something you'd like to tell me?"

My brows pull together as anxiety grips at my chest and I pad around Dylan's room and down the stairs so as not to wake him, "uhm, not really. I normally call if I do." I say.

"So, your telling me that the college is lying to me about your living arrangements?"

My heart jumps into my throat, "wh-what?" 

"Do not play dumb with me Skylar because that is the last thing you want to do with me right now." He scolds me and I can imagine the anger in his eyes, "who do you think you are to change your living arrangement? Do you honestly think I wouldn't find out! When I'm the one paying for your dorm room? Are you honestly that stupid?" His voice rises with each question and my anxiety is sky rocketing.

"I didn't think it'd be an issue." I whisper, holding in my tears.

"You didn't think?" He shouts, "what a goddamn surprise! When do you ever think? Did you think that maybe you should inform your father about this so called move? Or better yet, why did you even think moving from the dorm was something you could do when you are not in any position to make that decision for yourself!"

My whole body is shaking now, I rake my fingers through tangled hair and will the throbbing to stop, "it's just temporary...."

"Temporary! I don't fucking care!" He swears, he's snapped and once more I'm on the receiving end, "I am the one paying for you to go to college in the first place. When I am the one who said you could not handle making smart decisions on your own and look who is right! You are already throwing your future away, on my goddamn dime! Are you seriously that immature?"

"I'm not throwing my future away." I try to sound strong but his words are already knocking me down.

"You threw your future away the moment you chose to pursue a degree in journalism! I've had it up to hear with your immaturity, I kept my mouth shut when you chose journalism, I kept my mouth shut when you decided to live on campus but I'm through!" If he was keeping his mouth shut before, I'm afraid to know what's coming, "where are you living?" He asks in a strangely calm tone.