epilogue.

"hi it's lilac from 2016!" -lilac macintosh

lilac is finally ten. she understands what happened to lils. jaeden didn't have the heart to break it to her but she figured it out on her own.

but she still calls lils her mom.

she always talks about how people ask about her mom. jaeden even told her she could have just told them she only had him. but she doesn't, she talks about lils.

even though lilac never officially met the first one, she makes up scenarios of things she wished she could have done with her mom.

jaeden was currently sitting on the couch, scrolling through netflix. lilac was in bed, sleeping, ready for school the next day.

finding nothing on netflix to watch, jaeden finally gave up and started to clean.

cleaning always seemed to help him think things through.

he went to the closet under the stairs. he never opened that closet. it had all of lilacs cancer forms, and other hospital junk. he didnt want to have that out and laying around to remind him everyday that lilac was gone.

he opened the door to the small closet and sat down.

he pulled out the binder full of things she could and could not do, he remembered from the amusement park.

he pulled out forms, it looked like an agreement to something but he didn't read through it.

he saw piles of old books and movies, so he pushed those to the side. he saw something but couldn't reach. so he slightly climbed in and reached his hand out.

finally grabbing ahold of it he slid it towards him.

it was a box. there was a cover on it that said "open 2030" so ten years after lilac died.

technically it's been fourteen years but he never knew this was in there until now. she hes about four years late.

he opened the lid to the box and found a letter, about three or four pictures, and a book. the book. the book that lilac loved the most. looking for alaska.

jeaden opened the letter and started to read.

dear reader,

hi it's lilac from 2016! i'm currently 14 years old, and i love to read! i also just got into the movie it a few months ago, and let me tell you the dude who plays bill is sooooo pretty! maybe you will meet him, maybe not.

jaeden laughed at the last sentence and held the note up to his chest. "oh lilac, how the turned tables"

so i've always loved looking and planning ahead. that's why i made the date so far away, because i hope to still live in the same house and be able to find this when i move out.

well i hope you're okay 2030 lilac! i'm doing okay, chloe and olivia moved last summer.. but that's okay because now i met westyn! but i still miss them both a lot. maybe you moved in with them! or maybe you're neighbors! that would be awesome.

did you travel the world? are you married? DID YOU MEET ANY CELEBRITIES?? ahh i'm jealous if you did. wait. should i be jealous? technically that's going to happen to me in the future.

anyway time to explain things in my time capsule box:) also there are numbers on the back of the pictures so you know which ones i'm talking about!

picture 1

jaeden looked at the back of the photos trying to find the one with a 1 written on the back. he found it and saw a picture of a young lilac, chloe, noah, and olivia.

in this picture i'm with noah, chloe, and olivia. i hope you all are still friends. that day we went to the pool, but it ended up raining so we couldn't swim. but noah's dad got us ice cream afterwards and we watched spiderman! p.s. tom holland is pretty, you can't change my mind.

picture 2

jaeden found a picture of lilac and a lady he's never seen before.

this is me and my aunt. she said that she's getting a new job soon.. and she'll have to move around. but i guess that's okay because now i get to eat mcdonald's a lot!

picture 3

the last picture. a picture of lilac in front of a sunset, in a flower dress. lilac had the camera behind her as she stared at the beautiful colors in the sky. the picture must have been timed perfectly because her dress was still turning in the air as was her hair.

this is honestly my favorite picture. olivia took it. she had an amazing talent in photography. right after this picture too i started laughing because she said that i look like i just saw a hot person because i turned so fast. i miss those times.

okay last thing. the book, it's looking for alaska! my favorite book ever!! they need to come out with a show for it, honestly would be amazing! i cant get over it. its full of love, hate, pranks, but then there's sadness and death. it's honestly my type of book.

(a/n: every time i see a happy movie or book with a sad ending i always call it a "kk book/movie" or my friends and i say "they pulled a kk ending" yall probably don't care but i felt like putting something here akskd)

well lilac from 2030, i hope you're happy. i hope you're living an amazing life! love you, and i cant wait to become you:)

love,
lilac

jaeden took out looking for alaska, he put the pictures and letter on a side table next to the couch and put all the stuff back into the closet.

he walked over to the couch and plopped down.

he turned to the first page of the book and started reading. he liked feeling the pages in between his fingers, and the smell of a book. but somehow the book still smelled like her.

so he read looking for alaska, and finished it in about three hours.

"lilac.. you really are the alaska to my pudge," jaeden whispered to no one.

end of epilogue!

kk speaks!

hi!!! since i talked about june 14th in this book a lot i kinda made it lilac day :D which is cool! so much has happened since i've written this it's crazy! i'm apart of the mcyt fandom and now jaeden has a girlfriend! which i love sateen so much, maybe even more than jaeden don't tell him that-

anyway i loved writing this epilogue for you! i missed writing this book so so so much! i hope you enjoyed this and maybe you'll enjoy my other books too! so go check out contagious, which is a dreamnotfound fanfic, and yours truly, which is a peter parker fanfic! i'm currently working on a few things which i'm really excited for and maybe you can check those out when they're published too!

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!! when i wrote this i was questioning my sexuality and i had been for awhile, but i'm happy to announce that at the beginning of 2021 i finally figured out that i was bisexual! so it's my first pride, and it's been the best!

anyway sorry for my long authors note! just remember that i love you all so much! you matter, don't give up, keep going, i believe in you! <3

published: 6-14-2021
edited: n/a
word count: 1250

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞 {𝗃. 𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅} 🎉