forty-two. promises

"i made a list of things i wanted to do today" -lilac macintosh

lilac work up around 7:30, she went downstairs and made herself a bowl of fruit loops. she went to the counter and began to eat. her thoughts were accompanying her while she ate.

she started to list things that she wanted to do, so she grabbed a piece of paper and a pen.

1. go to the movie, watch one and then sneak into another

2. get mcdonald's obviously

3. go to a store, pick jaedens outfits to try on and he picks yours

(a/n: this reminds me of the obx scene- relax john b, it's not like i've never seen a boy in underwear before... i have a brother, get your head out of the gutter, john b)

4. buy drinks and fries at a diner

5. go to the park and watch the sunset

6. have a "wedding" and invite friends

after writing the last one she felt someone hug her from behind. "good morning lils," he mumbled still half asleep. "good morning j," lilac replied turning around to hug him back.

"what's this," he asked, picking up the piece of paper to read it, "i made a list of things i wanted to do today, but the last one would probably be tomorrow," she smiled. "well let's get to it," jaeden began to walk upstairs.

once lilac and jaeden were ready they told everyone that they were gonna be out for the day, and to not wreck the house. they got in the rented car and made their way to the movie theater.

they decided to watch words on bathroom walks (a/n: wanna watch that so bad bye-) they got to their seats and got comfortable before the movie started.

"ahhh pudge, if only alaska could see him now," lilac whispered when the movie started, "pudge? alaska?" jaeden was confused. "you haven't seen looking for alaska?!" lilac whispered shouted, and jaeden just shook his head no, "we're definitely gonna watch that soon," lilac whispered before a lady shushed them and they both went quiet.

(a/n: i know this is taking place in september 2020 and godzilla vs kong isnt out yet, but let's pretend it is </3)

after that movie they snuck into godzilla vs kong, they sat in the back where no one else was and the movie started. no one seemed to notice and the two just laughed.

(a/n: fun fact: my dad and i did this before- we watched angry birds then watch tomorrow land- if you read that no you didn't ❤️)

after the movie they got back into the car and drove through the mcdonald's drive through. they are in the car and once they finished they went to the next thing on the list.

"let's go to american eagle!!" lilac exclaimed and jaeden started to drive.

once they got to the mall, they went straight to american eagle. lilac told him her size and jaeden did the same, they both went on the opposite sides of the store and started to pick out clothes.

once lilac was finished, she met him by the fitting rooms and jaeden went in first. he tried the few outfits lilac picked for him, which he kinda liked.

"you looks so cute in those omg, i have good style," she complimented him and he went back to change into his normal clothes.

then it was her turn, he had picked out a floral dress, a shirt with jeans, and a skirt with another floral shirt. she tried on the dress, and went out to show him,

"you're so pretty oh my," he blushed, and she did a small twirl, "i like this dress," she smiled and went back to change.

she came out of the dressing room again with the blue shirt and black jeans, "i like that," he pointed to the shirt and lilac commented, "are you sure? is blue even my color?" "every color is your color, you're literally gorgeous!" he complimented which made lilac blushed and try the rest on.

after they bought the clothes, they put the bags in the car and went to a near by diner.

the diner was built in the 80s so everything in there was vintage, which lilac absolutely loved, but she didn't go there very often.

they walked in and got a booth, jaeden ordered a water and lilac a lemonade. "have you ever been here before?" jaeden asked, "yes, only a few times though," lilac answered, and the waitress came over with their drinks.

"what could i get you guys to eat?" she asked, "could we just get a basket of fries?" lilac ordered, "of course hun, is that all?" she looked between the two, "yes ma'am," lilac answered. the waitress left and jaeden spoke, "you're pretty you know that?" "oh shush," lilac said blushing.

she took a sip of her drink and the waitress came back with the fries, "thank you!" lilac smiled and the lady was off to another table.

"have you talked to your aunt?" jaeden asked out of the blue, "no, i can't get ahold of her. i basically own the house though. i mean yes, she pays the bills, but i'm the only one living there. she's in europe or something anyway, so we have different time zones. plus she probably won't be back for awhile, like usual," lilac rambled, "oh, okay. i'm sorry she's never home," jaedens eyes saddened, "it's okay, there's nothing to be sorry about, i'm okay on my own," lilac smiled and the two enjoyed their snack.

once they finished, lilac tried to pay but jaeden beat her to it. they walked out, got in the car and drove to the park.

it was about 6:30 so the sun was just beginning to set, they both sat on a bench together and watched as the sun behind the horizon, "that was so pretty," lilac was always amazed by the sky, "not as pretty as you," jaeden bumped my shoulder with his. "good one," lilac giggled and they walked back to the car.

once they got home they announced that they were gonna have a "wedding" in the back yard tomorrow, they all ate dinner together, and went to bed. everyone was excited for the events about to happen, but no one was more excited than lilac.

kk speaks!!

i would be excited too.... but jaeden picks 🤮brown🤮 for the color theme so uh no😻

published: 8.16.2020
edited:
word count: 1092