sixty-four. shade of purple

"lilac" -jeaden martell

sophia has come over to the house, so lilac could meet her daughter jamie. they actually got along pretty well and were up in lilacs room playing with dolls.

"hey soph?" jaeden called out, "yeah?" he heard her yell from the kitchen, "can you stay and watch the kids? i got to go do something," jaeden asked, and sophia walked out of the kitchen, "ooo are you going to see a girl!" she asked. "ya," jaeden smiled slightly, "WHO!" sophia pressed, "its lilac," his smile grew wider and sophias smile never dropped, "go ahead, tell her i love her!" sophia smiled going back to raiding the kitchen.

jaeden was now sitting on the grass in front of lilacs grave, "hey lils!" he started. "lilac just met sophia's daughter jamie! oh they're the cutest pair i wish you would've seen it," he laughed.

"oh and sophia says hi and she loves you, we all love you," jaeden smiled to himself, "you know... sophia was so happy when i said i was visiting you... she thought i was seeing a girl, but your the only girl in my life, well beside little lilac," he explained. "but even thought you said i could find someone else... i don't think i ever will, i love you so much, i am never gonna be able to move on," he smiled at the tombstone in front of him.

"i wish i could pull off that really funny prank pudge and the colonel pulled for alaska, but sadly i don't know who would see it or how to plan it. but that was really funny huh, our favorite part of the whole, book and show," he kept the conversation going.

"lils, i fucking love you. wow, it's crazy how someone can change my life, for the better. but you, you definitely changed my life for the better, made me laugh, broke me, then fixed me, and made me happy again,"

"how i wish i would hug you right now, but i know i will when i see you again. you know how dory and marlin went through the whole entire ocean just to find nemo? well i will wait 80 years, until i can be with you again... and i will always love you.. so very much,"

"lilac was so happy that i brought her to see you. i could tell that she would've liked you, and you would absolutely love her lils,"

"i feel like pudge would've loved your last words.. 'bye for now, my love,' for now... you said bye for now, it's like alaska's last words to pudge.... "to be continued". both of them having a plan for a future. you'll always be in my heart, so any jaeden, past, present, future, will always love you,"

"i've thought about what you said.. about the past, present future self thing. i wonder if my future self would go back in time to dm you and tell you to go to the doctor before something bad goes wrong. i always wonder what i will do when they invent time travel.. like if i'll go back in time to save you.. or just not change anything because what we had was everything to me,"

"well, i gotta go lils, soph is looking after jamie and lilac," he kissed the tombstone and said, "lilac i'm so deeply in love with you. i'll see you soon," and started to walk back to his car.

he climbed in, and completely forgot that he had brought a bouquet of peonies and lilacs. he grabbed them off of the passenger seat, and got back out of the car.

he walked over the grave placed the flowers down, "i forgot to give you these, i love you lils. bye for now, my love," he blew a kiss at the tombstone one more time and stood up and started to walked away, but something caught his eye.

he would recognize is anywhere, that beautiful color in the sun, with its wings flapping in the wind. a beautiful butterfly, but not any butterfly, this one was different. the butterfly's wings were a shade of purple... no THE shade of purple.

it landed on lilacs grave and jaeden smiled, and let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding, saying one word,

"lilac"

THE END

kk speaks!
wow.. i can't believe this. i wrote this book this year and finished it! what an amazing journey it's been. i will always love lilac and i hope you will too!! i start school tomorrow sadly but hopefully i can get another book out as soon as i can! thank you so so so much for read ing my book. and have a wonderful day❤️

published: 9.2.2020
edited:
word count: 796