sixty-two. visit

"thank you for letting me meet her today" -lilac martell

jaeden and lilac were on their way to visit lils grave. once they got there, jaeden got out of the car and helped his daughter out too.

they walked around looking for the right spot, and they finally did. "here she is," jaeden smiled and kneeled down next to it.

he put his finger up to his lips, kissed them and place them on the tombstone. "hi lils, i love you so much," jaeden whispered with his eye closed.

he opened them and found his daughter sitting there not knowing what to say, "lils, this is lilac, i adopted her... go ahead lilac it's okay, don't be scared," jaeden assures his daughter.

"hi lilac, that's weird... saying my name and yours. um, i wish i met you, daddy really loved you, so so much!" she giggled, and i patted her back. "i don't know what you were like, but when i grow up, i want to be just like you were. daddy says you were pretty, strong and really awesome, and i want to be that," lilac whispered to the grave.

"we both love you so much lils," jaeden smiled, "westyn and harry both got married, but i bet you already knew that. the losers, well they're off adventuring, you know how they are. i moved back into the house lils.. your house. and i don't know if i told you before, but they actually put in a booth, exactly where you'd sit every time, in memory of you. and they also have the new "lilac" meal, which is 10 piece nuggets, and a large drink, just like your order," jaeden sadly laughed. "i miss you so much lils, and i love you.. present tense?" jaeden added.

"what does present tense mean daddy?" lilac asked her father, "it means i still love her now, even though she's gone baby," he smiled at her. "how about we go and share a lilac meal from mcdonald's?" jaeden asked and lilac excitedly jumped around.

"okay baby, let's say bye to lilac for now," jaeden said, "it was nice meeting you lilac, i'll see you next time!" lilac then lightly patted the tombstone.

"goodbye lils, i love you," and jaeden blew a kiss to the tombstone, he stood up and headed towards the car.

once they made it to mcdonalds, they walked inside and got ready to order.

the worker recognized him and smiled, "hey jaeden! the lilac meal?" he asked, "yes please! and may you add a four piece chicken nugget happy meal!" jaeden smiled. "of course! that'll be $9.25," jaeden swipes his card, "your order number 14, and it'll be right out," the worker handed jaeden his receipt (a/n: THERES A RECEIPT EMOJI?! 🧾 ) and the pair walked over to the booth dedicated to lilac.

lilac and jaeden talked a little bit about what jaeden and lilac used to do, and the memories of her. suddenly, an older lady came up to the two, "excuse me sir, i don't mean to be rude, but are you supposed to be sitting there? it looks like it's reserved. there's writing on the side, saying it's for someone named lilac?"

"oh, sorry ma'am. this booth is in memory of lilac macintosh, not reserved," jaeden kindly explained, "oh! that makes sense! did you guys know who lilac was?" she asked, "i met her today!" little lilac exclaimed and clapped, "oh, really! thats fun!" the lady smiled at the small child. "yes, lilac was my girlfriend, but she passed about 10 years ago. the reason they have this booth for her, is because she would sit in this exact spot, every week for 12 years," jaeden explained, "that's sweet, i'm sorry to bother y'all i was just checking, so you didn't get into trouble," the elder lady explained and jaeden immediately commented, "no worries!" and she walked away.

jaeden and lilac were eating their meal, enjoying the food, and then they went home.

"thank you for letting me meet her today," lilac hugged jaeden and then ran upstairs to her room, to play with her toys.

kk speaks!
anyone want to join the lilac deserved better party? i'm ceo, and i will gladly take anyone!

published: 9.1.2020
edited:
word count: 714