twenty-eight. doctors visit

"an apple a day keeps the doctor away my ass" -lilac macintosh

(a/n: i'm so sorry)

lilac woke up at 6 the next morning, to get ready for her appointment at 8. she got dressed and went downstairs. she grabbed an apple, "an apple a day keeps the doctor away my ass..." she whispered.

lilac grabbed a piece of paper and wrote that she was gonna take the renter car, she taped it onto the fridge and made her way out to the garage.

lilac turned the car on and started to drive. she played wallows on her phone and drove to her doctors office.

(a/n: okay for this next part we're gonna pretend (because it's a fanfic duh) that her doctors office is very professional and they can treat... what she has, also i've never experienced this so were gonna go off of what i think happens—)

lilac walked into her doctors office and signed in, she waited until her doctor came into the waiting room calling her name to the back.

lilacs doctor led her to a room and she sat down in a chair, "hello lilac! how have you been?" her doctor, kiara williams, asked her. "well... i've been good apart from this sickness i have," lilac answered, "and what's that?" dr. williams asked, "well.. i've been throwing up, and i've gotten these dark spots and yellow spots on my arms and face. i also seem to be loosing weight instead of gaining it, even if i eat junk food." lilac explained.

"well... hmm, okay. and how long have you had these symptoms?" dr. williams asked another question, "about... a month i think," lilac replied and the doctor checked her temperature, "you don't have a fever... stand up for me dear," lilac stood up and the doctor felt her arms and stomach where the spots of color are.

"oh goodness, okay change into this, i didn't have this planned but i'm gonna run a CT scan, this is gonna scan your body to make sure your organs, muscles, bones, etc are working like they're supposed to," the doctor explained, and stepped out of the room.

lilac changed into the apron, and walked outside of the room to be met with dr williams. "follow me dear," she said leading lilac to a room with a CT scan in it.

"lay down up here," dt williams patted the platform that goes into the scanner, lilac obeyed and laid down on the little bed. doctor williams started to prep her for the scan, "i'm gonna be in that room over there watching the screen, and this is gonna take up to 15-30 minutes. but make sure not to move and if you need anything, like to throw up, use the bathroom, press this button right here," her doctor explained and lilac nodded, lilac then was pushed into the scanner and then the scan started.

about 20 minutes later lilac felt herself being pulled out of the scanner and when she was all the way out she sat up. her doctor looked at her with sadness in her eyes, but lilac didn't notice. lilac got off the platform and dr williams led her back to the room they began the appointment in.

once they got there, her doctor waited outside while lilac changed back into her outfit.

after that lilacs doctor came in and sat down ready to tell lilac what was wrong. "lilac... are you here with anyone? a friend? your aunt?" doctor williams asked, "no, wait why?" lilac asked confused, "i wasn't sure if someone was here and you wanted them to be in here when i tell you..." her doctor trailed off, "well i can call them but they don't have anyway of getting here, they would have to ride an uber," lilac commented, "no that's okay... um lilac" the doctor got lilacs attention

"lilac... sweetie, you have pancreatic cancer," her doctor informed her. "what.." lilac was shocked, tears immediately brimmed her eyes. "no, no," lilac whispered.

"because your check up was about 5 months ago we didn't notice it because you didn't have symptoms, which normally happens the first few stage of this. the first is a small tumor in your pancreas, and you don't have symptoms, then the second stage, you show small symptoms as the tumor grows. now your on the third stage.. and the tumor is bigger and now you're showing more symptoms," her doctor explained. "no, no..." lilac had tears streaming down her face. "so i'm going to treat you with chemo, and i know because you're so far into the cancer, it might not work but we're gonna be positive and hope it does," doctor williams got up and went out of the room, probably to the lab.

lilac sat there in tears, wishing she got an appointment way earlier than today... but also wondering how she was gonna break it to her friends

dr williams came into the room again, with a book, it looks like a guide of some sort. "hey sweetie... so i'm gonna give you this guide, this basically explains what to do if something happens at home, or what symptoms you need to watch out for, and when you should come here when something is happening. it also has lists of what you can and cannot do, so before you go to a park, check that list to see what you have to do to be able to go. it also has little entries if you want to write your experience and when you get over this you can look back and see how much of a fighter you are," the doctor explained handing lilac the book.

"you're gonna come here every week to get treated, okay?" the doctor asked and lilac nodded, she was in to much shock to answer.

once the rest of the appointment was over lilac got into the car and just sat there for a minute. she finally put the keys in and drove home, she didn't listen to music, she didn't think, she didn't do anything but drive her yes never leaving the road in front of her.

once lilac pulled up into her garage, she turned the car off and sat there in silence, then she let out a scream. "WHY ME. WHY ME," she started hitting the steering wheel but making sure she didn't honk the horn. after a minute of that she finally stopped screaming but never stopped crying.

when she finally calmed down, she looked in the mirror and made sure she didn't look like she was just crying. when she thought she looked fine, she put the book in a random bag she found in the back, got out of the car and went inside of the house.

she got to the kitchen to find jaeden, harry, and angela, and she

put on a smile

kk speaks!

i'm crying right now, i'm so upset

what's your favorite song?

published: 8.2.2020
edited:
word count: 1171