fifty-three. late night talks

"do you know what color is a mirror?" -lilac macintosh

lilac was sitting in the hospital bed, staring at the ceiling thoughts running through her head. she turned so she could look over at the boy sitting in the chair, holding her hand. she tapped his arm lightly, which jaeden bolted awake looking around the room.

"lilac! are you okay?" he panicked for a second, "yes i'm
okay j, sorry to freak you out," lilac apologized and jaeden calmed down. he pulled his phone out of his pocket and checked the time, which read 4:20 am.

(a/n: you're welcome)

"what's wrong lils?" jaeden asked, "nothing just couldn't sleep," lilac replied, "do you know what color is a mirror?" lilac asked out of the blue. "what?" jaeden chuckles at her random question, "i don't know, just random thoughts i have in my head sometimes," lilac explained.

"like... was the fruit orange named after the color or was the color orange named after the fruit?" lilac thought out loud, "huh, ive never thought of that before." jaeden replied laughing.

"also like in harry potter, there was a part where they went back in time. and hermione heard something from behind her in the past, when really it was her present self looking at the scene. i don't know it confuses me. like what if that's what life is really like? like what if there was 3 of us, past, present, and future, i don't know it's weird," lilac explained and jaeden sat there listening.

"hmm, wow you think a lot more than i do," jaeden chuckles under his breath. "i got a lot of time to spare.." lilac trailed off

"jaeden... what are you gonna do... you know. when i..." lilac couldn't finish her sentence, "i don't know," jaeden answered honestly.

"i just want you to know... when i die-" lilac started, "you're not gonna die," jaeden cut her off, "jaeden look at me, i'm fucking dying. and you can't lie to me, because i already know. but j, when i die, i'm coming back as a purple butterfly. a lilac colored butterfly... and so when you see one that's me baby," lilac told the boy holding her hand.

"okay..." jaeden trailed off. "j?" lilac called his name, "ya lils?" jaeden responded. "have you ever thought what it was like... you know, after," lilac asked looking back up at the ceiling, "sometimes," jaeden answered.

"i'm sorry," lilac apologized, "for what lils? you did nothing wrong!" jaeden scooted his chair closer to the bed. "you probably wish you never met a fucked up girl like me," lilac cried, "no lils! don't you dare say anything like that, i love you! so so so much! and if i could go back, i would never change anything that i have done, because i met this girl. i met this amazing beautiful person, and her name is lilac, like a shade of purple of all things," jaeden giggles, "wow.. i wish i met her," lilac laughed, "you already did lils," jaeden smiled at her.

"hey lilac?" jaeden whispered, "ya?" lilac replied. "i'm so in love with you," jaeden smiled, but lilac didn't answer...

jaeden stood up to see if she was sleeping, but she wasn't. she was gasping for air, "j," she gasped and he ran out of the room.

kk speaks!

more of a filler chapter

who your favorite actor and actress?

published: 8.26.2020
edited:
word count: 575